Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2007, 08:22 PM

60 posts, read 288,346 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a good speech therapist in the North Raleigh/Wake Forest area?
My son is 3 years old, and has autism. He does not have any words yet, but uses some signs to communicate. He is currently going to speech therapy, but are not very happy with the therapist.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2007, 05:40 AM

336 posts, read 1,495,809 times
my son went to "let's talk speech and language" in raleigh this summer, it's south raleigh though. he went there for some speech issues and we have had great results. they also have OTs there as well. HIGHLY recommend this practice. they accept some insurances too.

Old 11-07-2007, 08:01 PM

119 posts, read 355,738 times
Pediatric Therapy Associates is EXCELLENT!!!

Old 11-08-2007, 05:19 AM

84 posts, read 370,851 times
We send our son to private speech therapy at Capital City Speech in Fuquay twice a week and love it!!!! Plus we get one session a week in the house through the state from early intervention and that therapist lives in Wake Forest area. That therapist works at Capital City Speech but makes home visits and I know she goes to Raleigh and Wake Forest since she lives out there. Her name is Marcie and she is great! Call Capit0l City Speech and ask for the owner Tracy Barnes to see if Marcie is available. Tracy is who we see for our private sessions. She can also refer you to services in your area if needed. 919-577-6807. My son is 2 1/2 and has autism too. He wasn't talking when we first moved here in June and now he is combining 2 and sometimes 3 word (single syllable) phrases. We also get one speech session at his developmental preschool which you might be interested as it is in the Raleigh/Wake Forest area and sees children up to age 5. Yes, I drive from Fuquay there but it has been worth it and I spend most of my day driving him around to his different therapy (OT/PT/ST) appts. The school's name is The Aspen Center and this is their site The Aspen Center
We were sending our son four mornings a week there as he really needed the structure but now we send him two mornings at Aspen Center and two mornings in a typical preschool with his twin brother. The Aspen Center was MUCH less expensive than the Mariposa School and Meredith College autism programs I researched. The therapists there are wonderful too! I really like the school for the structure most as my son doesn't focus and do so well in his therapies in a group setting. I have seen the most growth in his private sessions and at our house when I keep the other children away from the session. By the way, have you tried fish oil to help with his speech? I can send you the exact product our developmental dr in Kansas City had us put him on when we first had him diagnosed. He likes the strawberry taste. Capitol City Speech is a big believer in fish oil too. We stopped it for a couple of months when we first moved here as we ran out of product and started it again when I found it at a health store. When we started it back up, he started babbling nonstop the next day. It was hard to see its results when we first started it at age 2 after his diagnosis as we began it with all of his new therapies and it was hard to see which was having the biggest impact. Good luck! You can PM me if you have any other questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary