Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 12:18 PM

5 posts, read 6,178 times

Advertisements

Soooo....was looking for a location to have a gathering for my graduation party. Was intrigued by the possibility of doing it at the Fullsteam Brewery between 5-9 in May. I've got about 40 friends and family who will want to come by, and we can bring food of our own since they don't have any themselves. I spoke with the event planner and she said it would be no problem, but I'm having second thoughts...am I crazy to try to do this here? Don't mind it being public, don't mind sharing tables, but I would hate an overly crowded situation. Any thoughts????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2014, 12:21 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,307,135 times
You should share that concern with the person at Fullsteam who you spoke to, and see if you are comfy with their response.

My experience there is that they have a lot of room at certain times, but it's a popular place, and even more-so if it's beautiful outside, or if there is something going on.

I guess that if it were my party, I'd want to know my space is guaranteed for the expected guestlist.

Old 04-04-2014, 12:40 PM

thanks for the response. now i'm wondering about alternative locations! don't want to spend a lot of money, but i do want a good time. anybody got any suggestions?

Old 04-04-2014, 12:51 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,112,765 times
I went to a large bon voyage type party there about a year ago with around that many people and it was great, definitely not too crowded and they let us set up a whole table of food. I think you might run into crowds if it's a Saturday night and also if you try to do it on a graduation weekend.

Old 04-04-2014, 03:48 PM

635 posts, read 1,617,716 times
I have been to 2 different birthday parties there in the way that you describe. The organizers got there early and staked out the tables for the space they needed, and it was fine. I'd say the guests for each totaled closer to 25, but I think it's imminently do-able if you find a day that won't be unusually crowded. It would help if it were a nice day so that others could have room to spill outside.

Old 04-04-2014, 07:22 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,291,908 times
What day of the week? If it starts at 5pm I assume you will be there a little earlier. IN my experience it doesn't get all that crowded until later. You should be fine grabbing a table and some space for your gathering.

I'm assuming you aren't paying (aside from the beer you buy) so it is a real bargain. I love Fullsteam. I'd also make sure you check their calendar to see what food trucks will be there the night of your party. They have some real good ones depending on the night of the week.

Old 04-13-2014, 05:45 PM

Awesome advice, everyone! Thinking too hard about I guess! I'll stick to the origional plan and go with Fullsteam. I like the vibe and it's free which is hard to beat. I'll be there early with friends to set up and it should be fine.

Old 04-14-2014, 10:44 AM

2,009 posts, read 3,585,622 times
You are talking about renting space or just showing up with your buds? I know one particular brewery (Deep River in Clayton) you can pay for some space and it's roped off and they put up a sign saying private event.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:27 PM

436 posts, read 671,150 times
The parking lot isn't huge - may want to encourage carpooling!

Old 04-15-2014, 05:20 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,307,135 times
They have a parking lot? (I always end up circling around, and I celebrate if I can get within two blocks...)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary