Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2013, 10:08 PM

128 posts, read 345,964 times

Advertisements

Has anyone tried out Firewurst in Brier Creek? I'm curious to know how the food is.

Restaurant Cary, NC | Gourmet Sausages, Hotdogs, & Brats | Firewürst
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2013, 06:25 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoj View Post
Has anyone tried out Firewurst in Brier Creek? I'm curious to know how the food is.

Restaurant Cary, NC | Gourmet Sausages, Hotdogs, & Brats | Firewürst
I've tried the Texas chili dog and the spicey flat. Both were good.

Old 07-04-2013, 07:56 AM

19,438 posts, read 27,844,220 times
We had a coupon for one free, if we bought one and two drinks. We purchased one spicy Italian and one Bratwurst and two diet cokes. Even with the freebie the total bill was nearly $14.

The toppings were very good. They were good sausages, though on the small side (especially the Brat, which didn't even cover the bun). At that price, even with the freebie, we felt ripped off. Won't be back.

But the place was packed, so maybe we're in the minority.

Old 07-05-2013, 06:43 PM

4,598 posts, read 10,156,454 times
We've been to the one in Cary a couple of times. It's good but not something I'd do often.

Old 07-06-2013, 11:09 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
We had a coupon for one free, if we bought one and two drinks. We purchased one spicy Italian and one Bratwurst and two diet cokes. Even with the freebie the total bill was nearly $14..

But the place was packed, so maybe we're in the minority.
Sausages and toppings were quite tasty. The staff was friendly and efficient. Paying five or six bucks for a hot dog seemed a bit much, but I'd pay that much for a regular sandwich without batting an eye.

Old 07-06-2013, 01:22 PM

2,464 posts, read 4,167,158 times
Never been, but my wife and kids have. They walked around and handed out samples of their brat and kielbasa during the fireworks at Brier Creek on the 4th. The kielbasa was VERY good. But I'm not a fan of paying $3 or more dollars for a hot dog. Even Sonic wants about $3 for their "designer dogs". I ordered the Chicago once out of curiosity, but will never do it again. It was a soggy mess and fell apart literally before I could take one bite. Turned into a knife and fork dog.

Old 07-06-2013, 06:03 PM

1,032 posts, read 3,918,991 times
I love a good Chicago dog, and theirs was spot on. If you're not familiar with it, a Chicago dog is a natural casing dog, and it has a ton of toppings, including tomato wedges, onions, sport peppers, neon relish and mustard. It can absolutely be a challenge to eat. Somehow I manage.

If I need a Chicago dog fix, it will be nice to have a local place that knows how to make one, but as others have said, it's just too expensive to do on a regular basis. I think they're going to have a rough go of it in this economy once the initial curiosity wears off.

Old 07-06-2013, 07:00 PM

4,598 posts, read 10,156,454 times
Their Chicago dog is good but the one at Cloo's is cheaper and also good.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:48 AM

2,743 posts, read 4,828,538 times
I've had their Brat-dog and their Sweet Italian Sausage dog.
The first had way too much spicy mustard, but I wiped off the excess and really enjoyed it.
The second was really great.
Both were much larger than a regular hot dog, actually being a bit awkward to eat as they exceeded the bun over an inch each side.

The fries with powdered Parmesan cheese was really tasty too.

All in all, I'd equate it with a 5-Guys Burger, BurgerFi, and Bad Daddy's Burger.
Premium burger (or dogs/sausage) with high-end toppings in a nice sit-down medium-fast food restaurant that also can sell you a beer. It's not comparable to McD's or such, but quicker/cheaper than getting a full-out superburger from Chilli's or such.

I don't know if it will last, but I first went there during their first week, and again last week, and the place was spotless and the staff really polite and helpful.
Overall, I hope this does better than the Italian place that was there before, (Fratello's), which had great food and service but was pretty small and quite expensive.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:58 PM

1,022 posts, read 1,255,421 times
I have been to the one in Cary 3 times and the first visit was great - their fries were the best and even bread was perfect. On the second visit it was just OK, 3rd time I had to take a BBQ dog to go and, even though the dog itself and the sauce were good as usual, the bun was awful. I'd still give them a try but it's an alarming trend...

My kid loves them because he gets a cookie with the kids meal. By the way, I saw in Cary they're running a promo $0.99 all kids meals (not sure if it requires purchase of an adult meal).

Prices are a bit too high, I agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary