Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 10:33 AM

351 posts, read 1,194,544 times

Advertisements

I'm a huge Project Runway fan and am so sad we can't see it on TWC in the Triangle area.

Any recommendations for how to see it through alternative means?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2007, 10:38 AM

673 posts, read 2,266,741 times
Unhappy Project Runway

I am in the same boat! Having just moved to this area, we are so dismayed to see that we will not be able to watch Project Runway tonight! I will be checking iTunes to see if the episodes will be available for purchase after they have aired.

Apparently TWC is trying to negotiate with Bravo, but it sounds like it is, so far, with limited success. I hope they can overcome this!

Old 11-14-2007, 10:42 AM

3,353 posts, read 4,965,230 times
Isn't it awful?!?! I emailed TWC too and they told me the same thing.

Bravo and NBC cancelled their contract with iTunes, but the episodes will be available for download through Amazon.com. Still I hate to pay for them.

Old 11-14-2007, 10:51 AM

445 posts, read 1,859,279 times

Old 11-14-2007, 11:14 AM

50 posts, read 170,555 times
Have faith Fellow Runwayers, it seems help is on the way. Meanwhile...

Doesn't it suck?!! I just don't understand what the problem is! I've called & emailed Time Warner Cable, Bravo and The News and Observer. No one really seems to know why TWC doesn't offer it, however, "it's being worked on". (You know it's got to be about the $$'s!) I got a response back from the Fashion columnist at TN&O a week or two ago and in her column (just a few days ago) she wrote about this very issue. In her article, I believe she suggested that in the interim, Netflix might have it available -- not sure if it would be the current season or not. Also, satellite and DirectTV get Bravo. Not an option for me -- too many trees for DirectTV. OR, you could move to Carrboro -- it seems for some funky reason TimeWarner subscribers get it there????

It's been a blow to discover no Bravo here in N. Raleigh...so little on tv really float my boat but at least there's "Weeds" and "Curb".

Old 11-14-2007, 11:28 AM

2,058 posts, read 5,861,667 times
I thought I was going crazy too. PR is THE BEST reality show out there. I am so bummed. I told my husband to get rid of TWC and get me my dish! I can't believe they don't have bravo. WTF???

Old 11-14-2007, 11:40 AM

2,586 posts, read 9,103,025 times
TWC is almost always one of the last carriers to get desired channels. They did the same thing recently with ESPN-U, using their subscribers as pawns. Those ESPNU "negotiations" drug out for almost 2 years. I continue to have bad experiences with TWC and especially their customer service, while my DirectTV experience at my vacation home has been flawless. Once we move, we'll go to satellite and DSL and kick TWC to the curb!

Old 11-14-2007, 12:00 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,965,230 times
I told them I was probably going to get a dish over this. I haven't though, partially because I live next to the woods and partially because my phone is Vonage and my internet is through TWC, so it would be a huge pain in the butt to change everything.

So, I bought Top Chef from iTunes and will buy PR from Amazon at $2 a pop...grr. I refuse to purchase Real Housewives of Orange County, but I'm peeved that I'm missing it!

I will perhaps move to Carrboro over this.

Old 11-14-2007, 01:31 PM

673 posts, read 2,266,741 times
Default Project Runway on Amazon?

Do you know how soon the Project Runway episodes will be available on Amazon? Will they be available within hours of airtime? I don't want to wait for the episodes to come out on DVD, because I will know by then who was kicked off and for what reason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp200 View Post
I told them I was probably going to get a dish over this. I haven't though, partially because I live next to the woods and partially because my phone is Vonage and my internet is through TWC, so it would be a huge pain in the butt to change everything.

So, I bought Top Chef from iTunes and will buy PR from Amazon at $2 a pop...grr. I refuse to purchase Real Housewives of Orange County, but I'm peeved that I'm missing it!

I will perhaps move to Carrboro over this.

Old 11-14-2007, 02:13 PM

3,021 posts, read 11,058,474 times
I hate to say it, but I'm glad I'm not alone in this. Last year I bought most of the episodes on iTunes. It took a few days for them to become available, though, which annoyed the h*ll out of me. Eventually I started to read the play-by-play on Blogging Project Runway & based on that, I decided which episodes to purchase.

We can't get the dish, either, because of all of the trees on our property. It's sooooo frustrating! One of us needs to make friends with somebody with the dish who is willing to hold a PR party every week. I'll make snacks & everything! Seriously!

Oh well. Misery loves company, I suppose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary