Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 07:11 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,079,436 times

Advertisements

Is it nice in there? How far is it from town? Where exactly is it located? Do they have a pool?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2007, 07:17 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,671,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
Is it nice in there? How far is it from town? Where exactly is it located? Do they have a pool?
I know someone that lives that....it's nice...not too fancy. I've not heard anything bad about it. You aren't going to find, or you won't find many, subdivisions in that price range with pools.

It's located on Jones Dairy Road....down from 98. The elementary school is across the street.

They are building a grocery store out that way...it's not far from downtown or most things.

1100 Jones Dairy Rd, Wake Forest, NC 27587, USA - Google Maps

Old 11-16-2007, 08:51 PM

4 posts, read 13,419 times
Default Jones Dairy Subdivision

I really so not care for the neighborhood very much, I previewed a home in the neighborhood for a client of mine, and was not very impressed. I like to think long term, and it just seems like some neighbor's are beginning to let their homes "go", and not taking as good of care of them as they used to.

Old 11-17-2007, 07:09 AM

2,834 posts, read 12,037,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
I would agree with what desdemona said, I have friends in the neighborhood and they are quite happy there. The houses are by no means extravagant, but they are nice, it is across from the elementary school (which is a plus for many people) and it is convenient to wake forest, plus a lot of building is going on out that way.

Leigh

Old 11-18-2007, 01:17 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,495,633 times
i like that neighborhood. there is a great school system and lots of shopping there --wake forest...
we put an offer on a house there but it was not accepted. i still think about that house...the yard was so big!

Old 11-18-2007, 10:49 AM

That's why I like it. The yards are a decent size and I don't like cookie-cutter houses or houses on top of eachother.

Old 01-19-2008, 04:40 PM

Do they have any community ammenities, such as a pool?

Old 04-08-2008, 06:37 AM

257 posts, read 713,633 times
Bumping this thread.

I was going to look at a house in this subdivision about a month ago, but held off after my buying agent found it was a foreclosure being sold "as-is", needing some work. I think there are maybe around ten houses currently for sell there, a few of which I like... I'm hoping most of them aren't foreclosures as well, though admittedly I'm not sure what affect that would have on future resell if I bought one.

Do people still feel the same about this subdivision? Good place to live (i.e. safe), homes being reasonably maintained, decent neighbors...?

Old 04-08-2008, 08:15 AM

1,032 posts, read 3,438,217 times
Nothing wrong with Jones Dairy Farm... except a few of the houses need a bit of TLC. The first homes were built around 1988 or so - make sure the Dorothy's Ruffled Curtains have been replaced along with the roof.

It is located off Jones Dairy Road and the Hwy 98 bypass.

Jones Dairy Road used to be very rural, but access has increased since the bypass opened. NorthHampton is across the street, and Bowling Green just down the road.

The lots are a decent size.

A lot of people have lived there since day one - a lot of locals (good thing).

Old 04-08-2008, 09:49 AM

257 posts, read 713,633 times
Sounds good, thanks for your perspective!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary