Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 09:24 AM

15 posts, read 19,750 times

Advertisements

I just bought a new townhome and moved in few days ago. When the timewarner guy tried to install internet for me, he noticed that there was no internet and telephone cable wired in this new building. The building was contacted and agreed to repair. But this will involve works to knock off the dry wall on the ceiling, wire the cable through ceiling light and air outlet where it should not be used normally for cable. The kind of cable wiring may affect the security system work. Any one know if there is a legal system I can claim this construction defects? many thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2013, 09:37 AM

8,583 posts, read 16,006,115 times
Why not let them fix the repair and see if it causes any problem..
I don't understand wanting a claim when they agreed to fix..

Old 10-28-2013, 09:46 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,408,439 times
so i assume you share a common wall with the neighbor? so they also have no wiring?

i find it hard to believe there is a new construction without a single drop of coax or cat cable...weird

there are no phone jacks or cable outlets anywhere in the home? what about blank plates?

Old 10-28-2013, 10:09 AM

464 posts, read 1,043,723 times
I can believe it. The military family who designed and then backed out of the spec home we ended up buying upgraded much of the home but cheaped out considerably on the wiring.

I think I have a total of 2 coax drops and 3 phone jacks in the whole 2800 sq ft house. Fixing it would be a PITA since it is on a slab with no access below the house now.

God bless wireless internet.

Old 10-28-2013, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
so i assume you share a common wall with the neighbor? so they also have no wiring?

i find it hard to believe there is a new construction without a single drop of coax or cat cable...weird

there are no phone jacks or cable outlets anywhere in the home? what about blank plates?
My buyer agent said he has never seen this before. The builder missed the cables only in my unit.

Old 10-28-2013, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
Why not let them fix the repair and see if it causes any problem..
I don't understand wanting a claim when they agreed to fix..
They are trying to repair it. But with the slab, they can only drill holes and knock off ceilings now. There are lots of cosmetic problems and may affect the security system.

Old 10-28-2013, 10:52 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,408,439 times
sucks... it doesnt even take very long to drop a few lines during the construction phase

i guess having the cable guy run a line thru an exterior wall to get you internets is out of the question?

Old 10-28-2013, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
sucks... it doesnt even take very long to drop a few lines during the construction phase

i guess having the cable guy run a line thru an exterior wall to get you internets is out of the question?
The timewarner guy said it is not a choice. It has to be the builder wire a cable interior first. I have no idea how this building passed city and builder's inspection

Old 10-28-2013, 11:40 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,932,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joylily2004 View Post
I have no idea how this building passed city and builder's inspection
Makes you kind of wonder what else they might have overlooked, doesn't it?

Old 10-28-2013, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
Makes you kind of wonder what else they might have overlooked, doesn't it?
you are right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary