Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 02:42 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,386,222 times

Advertisements

I looked at several houses in Lake Hogan but I just couldn't bring myself to like them no matter how I tried. There was something about them that just didn't appeal to me and they were a lot of money per sq ft.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2007, 03:45 PM

460 posts, read 1,770,624 times
I know where Meadowmont is...where is Larkspur? How far is it from RDU? (I have to be within 20 minutes of the airport - but not on a flight path.)

Old 11-29-2007, 04:34 PM

Larkspur is on the north side of Chapel Hill. It's off Weaver Dairy Extension. Across from the Parkside Subdivision. The few houses that I have seen have been gorgeous.

It is probably a little more than 20 minutes from RDU. My husband can get to RTP from the same area in about 20-25 minutes.

It is very close to route 40 so depending on what time you traveled you might just about make it to RDU in time.

Old 11-30-2007, 10:20 AM

353 posts, read 1,367,097 times
Does anyone know if the communities have monthly events planned to help neighbors meet and get together (picnics, bbq's and the like)? Also, do they have walking trails/playgrounds etc.? We looked at some homes but didn't have time to drive through the entire area.

Old 11-30-2007, 11:07 AM

Lisa,

Another thing to consider when comparing the two communities is that Larkspur is in the Chapel Hill school district but I believe that not all of Meadowmont is in the Chapel Hill school district even though it has a Chapel Hill address.

Old 11-30-2007, 11:32 AM

351 posts, read 1,194,691 times
Very good point.....

Also re Lake Hogan, initially I didn't like it to much either. All the houses seemed so white! But then it started to grow on me. I think it as the neighborhood trees mature it will look better and better. Besides, compared to similarly priced newer communities (like Northwood, New Parkside) , it's priced much much better and the quality is better (fiber cement, not hardboard or vinyl siding). Just my two cents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdatlas View Post
Lisa,

Another thing to consider when comparing the two communities is that Larkspur is in the Chapel Hill school district but I believe that not all of Meadowmont is in the Chapel Hill school district even though it has a Chapel Hill address.

Old 12-01-2007, 08:56 AM

40 posts, read 204,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaZ View Post
Thanks for the feedback. What do you mean by liberal? Can you give me an example?
Well UNC is a liberal college and a lot of people who live in larkspur are professors or work at the hospital right on campus. Lots of gay couples, lots of adopted children from all over, around election time you see lots of polital signs...lots of diversity. Not that its a bad thing...but to an outsider chapel hill (mainly carrboro) looks like a hippy town haha.

Old 12-01-2007, 08:58 AM

40 posts, read 204,321 times
Also yes they do do BBQ's and potluck dinners. And there is a trail right behind the clubhouse where they make a spooky woods trail for the kids each halloween...lots of stuff like that. VERY family oriented.

Old 12-03-2007, 08:46 AM

353 posts, read 1,367,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolicakes View Post
Also yes they do do BBQ's and potluck dinners. And there is a trail right behind the clubhouse where they make a spooky woods trail for the kids each halloween...lots of stuff like that. VERY family oriented.
Thanks, that sounds great. I am wondering if the new construction in Winmore and Claremont will have a lot of families. The land will be so tight that I don't foresee having space for backyards. My husband and I had those areas in the back of our mind as a possibility behind Larkspur/Meadowmont but we are not sure if it is a safe bet to buy since they are not fully developed/sold yet. Too many uncertainties. Also, Lake Hogan does seem family oriented by the little I saw of it. So, that might be a secondary consideration as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary