Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 08:00 AM

4 posts, read 21,775 times

Advertisements

We are a family of four looking to relocate to the Clayton area of NC. We are currently in Manahawkin, nj. My questions are how are the schools as far as academics. athletics, football, basball. I have two boys ages 14 and 12. It really means the world to me, as any parent, that they are happy and successful. The schools where we live now are very click-ish, as far as playing sports is concerned and very crowded. There are no racial tensions either where they go to school now, plz forgive me I mean no disrespect, I just want to know I'm making the right move. I do really like the area, I have been down there numerous times because family is in wake county. Visited Clayton HS everyone was very friendly and welcoming. Which is rough in NJ. Looked at homes in the developements there. Help Jersey is killing us in the cost of living. TyTy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2011, 10:14 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Clayton High School in top rated. There is a new school Cleveland, that is just getting its sports going. Not sure if you can escape the clicky-ness, especially in sports--unless the kids are all-American material.

Old 09-23-2011, 11:00 AM

892 posts, read 3,161,422 times
A similar sort of question gets asked a lot here. Ya may wanna search the forum for a quicker response.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...y-schools.html

Old 09-24-2011, 04:27 PM

Ty very much, we did visit the Clayton High School and was greeted w open arms. Everyone was very friendly and supportive. I will search other forums, TY.

Old 09-24-2011, 06:00 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,243,784 times
Many of us don't mind answering questions so if you can't find what the answers you are looking for in the older posts, please feel free to ask.

Any questions in particular?

Vicki

Old 09-24-2011, 06:46 PM

615 posts, read 1,503,519 times
Originally from South Jersey here...moved to the Cleveland area in Clayton 4 years ago. Daughter is at Cleveland High and is doing well. Brand new high school...not overcrowded, supportive staff and the school is very sports-oriented. House prices in the area are @200,000 for a nice, NEW 2400 s f. 2 story in a nice, family neighborhood. Property taxes-$1600 annual..auto insur. $@1400 annual for 2 cars. Heating is less annually because of warmer weather.

Salaries are less though than in Jersey(about 20%) so take that into consideration. Dh is retired so I am the only one that took the $ hit(teacher). But its totally worth it to us...we'll never go back. Family visits often(and vice versa)--7-7.5 hour drive up 95.
GOOD LUCK!

Old 09-25-2011, 03:28 PM

Ty so much for the responses, since staying in jersey for the long haul is out of the question. Finacially it is killing us. Over crowding, the list is endless. Again, Tyty

Old 09-26-2011, 06:49 PM

308 posts, read 680,115 times
I'm with you! My wife and I cant wait to escape NJ! Its just ridiculously expensive and congested. We dont care for the rat race mentality and all the stress and ugliness that comes with it. We love the south, its people, life style and culture. We've been to the Clayton area and were very impressed. We have a newborn and Clayton's excellent school system is very appealing. We are also considering Wake Forest. When either my wife or I can secure employment in the area , we will be moving down ASAP.

QUOTE=cdleek;21029389]Ty so much for the responses, since staying in jersey for the long haul is out of the question. Finacially it is killing us. Over crowding, the list is endless. Again, Tyty[/quote]

Old 09-27-2011, 11:08 AM

207 posts, read 433,386 times
I grew up in Garner and my family moved to Clayton when I was a teenager (1990). Clayton is not a large town and I have lived in several areas of it. We recently moved from "town" area to the Flowers Plantation area which is NE of town and more rural. We also have a new high school (Corith) in the Archer Lodge community area. We LOVE it!!

Old 09-27-2011, 11:23 AM

1,381 posts, read 2,103,546 times
Hey - we moved from Toms River, NJ in 2005 and we've never looked back. We live in Holly Springs but I hear good things about Clayton...Good luck with the move. It's all full of relocated Yankees here anyway!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary