Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 12:52 PM

5 posts, read 6,468 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I need to find a very good naturopathic doctor in NC and I would appreciate your help. I am looking for someone who is good, but at the same time will work on a sliding scale. I heard about a great doctor in Raleigh, but she has moved to Kansas a few years ago. Please share your experience and advice!! Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2014, 01:11 PM

527 posts, read 686,940 times
The mod might move this. Are you looking for one in RDU area, or in NC in general? My mom went to one in Charlotte, that really helped her out after she had a stroke. Let me know if Charlotte would work and I will PM you the name of the doc.

Old 03-12-2014, 01:41 PM

Hello!

I am in RDU area, but I am willing to travel for a better/cheaper doctor. WIll the doctor you mentioned work on a sliding scale? If so, I will be happy to hear about him/her even though I prefer a female naturopath. Thank you.

Can I ask the mod to put "Urgent" next to the title? Thanks.

Old 03-12-2014, 02:00 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,341,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newcomer14 View Post
Hello!

I am in RDU area, but I am willing to travel for a better/cheaper doctor. WIll the doctor you mentioned work on a sliding scale? If so, I will be happy to hear about him/her even though I prefer a female naturopath. Thank you.

Can I ask the mod to put "Urgent" next to the title? Thanks.
When you say a sliding scale do you mean for private pay? If so, I am not sure who operates on a sliding scale but you can also call offices and negotiate on the cost of the exams, testing etc.

Old 03-12-2014, 02:36 PM

13,374 posts, read 27,049,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newcomer14 View Post
I need to find a very good naturopathic doctor in NC and I would appreciate your help. I am looking for someone who is good, but at the same time will work on a sliding scale.
There are only a few in the Raleigh area, so why not call them individually? Add your search criteria to this site: AANP - Naturopathic Physicians: Natural Medicine. Real Solutions.

Old 03-12-2014, 02:46 PM

1,764 posts, read 2,866,360 times
I would also recommend that you get whatever fee schedule in writing. I went to a N.D. based on a medical professional's recommendation and she said she would offer payment arrangements and some reduced costs; however, she didn't and I got billed at full price across the board. I was not happy with this and stopped seeing her and although I still see the original referrer, I don't see anybody she recommends (this was the second time I got an outrageous bill for something that was not disclosed to me upfront).

Last edited by mjd07; 03-12-2014 at 02:47 PM.. Reason: Grammar error

Old 03-12-2014, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjd07 View Post
I would also recommend that you get whatever fee schedule in writing. I went to a N.D. based on a medical professional's recommendation and she said she would offer payment arrangements and some reduced costs; however, she didn't and I got billed at full price across the board. I was not happy with this and stopped seeing her and although I still see the original referrer, I don't see anybody she recommends (this was the second time I got an outrageous bill for something that was not disclosed to me upfront).
Mjd07, thank you! That is a very good piece of advice! However, how should I approach this, so I do not sound like I don't trust them? Also, do you mind PMing me the ND's name, so I know not to use her services.

Old 03-12-2014, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
There are only a few in the Raleigh area, so why not call them individually? Add your search criteria to this site: [URL="http://www.naturopathic.org/AF_MemberDirectory.asp"]AANP - Naturopathic Physicians: Natural Medicine. Real Solutions.[/URL]
There are several of them, but I am not sure who the good ones are and that's why I decided to ask here. Also, I don't know who will be willing to lower the prices and how to handle the negotiation process. I am a student and can't afford to pay much, but at the same time I want to be seen by someone who is competent and professional. Have been seen in the past by PA who was severely depressed due to a divorce, and I was forced to suffer because of her ruined marriage! Not interested in such medical professionals!

Old 03-12-2014, 03:13 PM

1,764 posts, read 2,866,360 times
I would probably find out if they have some kind of fee agreement in writing and then note the agreed upon changes and ask them to sign that. I've done that when I've been told records requests would be made at "no charge." I have never run into anybody that thought it was obnoxious and one person even told me she thought I was "darn smart" to request that.

I sent you a DM, but as I mentioned, I don't remember the ND's name. I wanted to block that whole nightmare out, I guess. I have a doctor's appointment in the next couple of weeks and will ask then. I apologize, but I've been sick with surgery complications and my memory is all but shot these days. I'll DM you when I find out her name again.

All the best!

Old 03-12-2014, 04:08 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,341,675 times
Susan Delaney in Carrboro is often recommended as an excellent naturopath. I have not been to her, but have friends who have. I have no idea about the sliding scale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary