Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2014, 06:27 AM

3 posts, read 3,967 times

Advertisements

Coming into town tomorrow to see Jimmy Buffett and staying at the Raleigh Marriott City Center. Any fun bars or restaurants near by to go to before we head to the show? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2014, 06:28 AM

13,713 posts, read 12,446,452 times
Lots of them, but the Raleigh Times is what immediately leaps to mind, as does the Architect and Big EASY.

Old 04-21-2014, 06:31 AM

Thanks! Are they within walking distance from the hotel? We have a car service taking us to the show?

Old 04-21-2014, 06:50 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,308,757 times
They are all within walking distance. I agree with Raleigh Times. Big Easy is good, but I'd suggest others first. Not familiar with Architect.

For a Buffet Fan, I'd have to suggest Rum Runners at City Market. Woody's might be a good option too, same block.

Across the street from City Market is Tir na Nog. It's an Irish pub, so not sure what a Parrothead would enjoy, but c'mon, it's an Irish Pub, and a good one. They know how to drink. ;-)

Lot's of places, but I tried to focus on the more festive ones for a pre-concert.

I'd say:
Rum Runners
Raliegh Times
Tir Na Nog

Also lots of good microbreweries there, and it's a bit of a walk (less than a mile), but if the weather is nice, then you might also try Flying Saucer for outside dining and best beer list.

Old 04-21-2014, 06:57 AM

Great suggestions...Thanks!!

Old 04-21-2014, 09:31 AM

25 posts, read 33,798 times
The following suggested places are all within walking distance of your hotel:
The Big Easy
Paddy O'Beers
Woody's City Market
The Pit
Flying Saucer
Rum Runners (dueling piano bar; younger crowd; cover charge on weekend nights)

A longer walk, or a short cab ride, will get you to the Glenwood South area. There I recommend checking out Cornerstone Tavern, Hibernian, and MoJoe's.

Old 04-21-2014, 09:51 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,308,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Beard View Post
The following suggested places are all within walking distance of your hotel:
The Big Easy
Paddy O'Beers
Woody's City Market
The Pit
Flying Saucer
Rum Runners (dueling piano bar; younger crowd; cover charge on weekend nights)

A longer walk, or a short cab ride, will get you to the Glenwood South area. There I recommend checking out Cornerstone Tavern, Hibernian, and MoJoe's.
Free ride on the R-line:
Get Around :: R-LINE :: Downtown Raleigh

Also gets you to the area by Tylers Taproom....

And only about a 20-minute walk, which could be nice if the weather is good. (You'll want to stretch your legs, considering you're going to a Buffet Concert. I mean, you can sleep through Buffet and not miss much...)

(EDIT: All in good fun. I can't begin to tell you how many times I spent good money to see the Grateful Dead....)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
View detailed profiles of: