Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 12:07 AM

2 posts, read 8,595 times

Advertisements

Hi. My fiancee and I are relocating next month to north Raleigh. We are considering apartments very close to the Crabtree Valley Mall. My question is, are the walking paths in that area, I think they are called the Greenways, safe? Are they well maintained? Having easy access to the walking areas is probably one of the most compelling reasons we chose our apartment community.

Also, is the area around the mall generally as safe as the rest of the city, or safer? I couldn't find any reliable crime statistics online and I would appreciate your input.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2007, 06:31 AM

1,531 posts, read 7,405,822 times
Raleigh's Greenway system is pretty safe overall. I'd use the same common sense you'd use if walking down a street or sidewalk, like not walking alone at night, etc. Again, no reputation for criminal activity, but you don't wanna do anything to make yourself an obvious target, either.

Crabtree Area is probably no more or less safe than Raleigh as a whole. I've never heard of any major trouble there. (Except probably the occasional shoplifter at the mall, of course.)

Old 02-19-2007, 02:50 PM

39 posts, read 74,513 times
Renting is okay, just make sure you're not on the ground floor or that you have flood insurance. It's a flood area. I'm a landscaper and we have some clients in that area and I have to clean up the mess when it's over.

Old 03-22-2008, 12:57 AM

7 posts, read 36,095 times
Default Looking for apartment new carbtree mall

Hi, I am moving to the area very near to carbtree mall in July for work, do you guys have any recommendations on the apartments ? Thanks a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathy6253 View Post
Hi. My fiancee and I are relocating next month to north Raleigh. We are considering apartments very close to the Crabtree Valley Mall. My question is, are the walking paths in that area, I think they are called the Greenways, safe? Are they well maintained? Having easy access to the walking areas is probably one of the most compelling reasons we chose our apartment community.

Also, is the area around the mall generally as safe as the rest of the city, or safer? I couldn't find any reliable crime statistics online and I would appreciate your input.

Thanks!

Old 03-22-2008, 03:03 AM

88 posts, read 321,030 times
Good area to live IMO...very central location...only thing you might have to worry about is some of the traffic issues which arise around glenwood avenue / beltline during the busy times of the day! Living near the mall will definetly be a plus! You are also not too far away from anything else i.e. downtown, cary, ncsu, north hills, easy access to the beltline / Highway 40 / and 540, rdu airport, raleigh grande movie theater, ect. Also one more thing they are starting to build the biggest building in Raleigh to date, "the soleil center", not too far from there and there is no telling what kind of impact that could of have over the next 5 years or so. Anyways...hope you enjoy living in North Raleigh!

Old 03-22-2008, 04:08 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,153,963 times
Nice place to start out but check a flood map.

Renter's insurance doesn't cover floods and flood insurance on apt contents pays very little.

Some of the apts near the mall seem to be sunk in a bowl that will fill with stormwater.

Old 03-22-2008, 06:19 AM

1,495 posts, read 3,719,746 times
Hubby and I live close to the mall at Leadmine between Leadmine and Millbrook. We took love all the outdoors here has to offer. We love Shelly Park and from there you can get on the greenbelts and it's a great place for walking; check out Windemere Apartments (ask for Andria Moderator cut: removed

Last edited by autumngal; 03-22-2008 at 07:29 AM.. Reason: no referral names permitted

Old 03-22-2008, 07:34 AM

70 posts, read 162,027 times
My wife and I just got back from Raleigh. We spent a lot of time checking out apartments in both the crabtree mall area and a little further east. What apartment complexes are you looking at?

Old 03-22-2008, 09:48 AM

7 posts, read 36,095 times
Acutally, I have not really checked apartments by going to that area, but I have been seeking some information online, viewing comments at www. apartmentratings.com,etc. Here are some of them that I have found online or got recommended by nice people on this forum:

camden overlook
Inman park
Marquis
Autumn River
Windemere

I am still keeping looking. Have you guys been to any of these or have some recommendations?

Thanks so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanders View Post
My wife and I just got back from Raleigh. We spent a lot of time checking out apartments in both the crabtree mall area and a little further east. What apartment complexes are you looking at?

Old 03-22-2008, 10:38 AM

70 posts, read 162,027 times
The only one of those we checked out was the Windemere. It looked really nice but its 1 bedroom. was to small for us. That whole area is really amazing. We were really impressed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary