Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2014, 10:39 PM

1 posts, read 734 times

Advertisements

Hello!

I'm moving to Durham from Portland OR for a 4 month project. I am looking to move their BY AUG 1st so I don't have a lot of time to understand the area.

I am looking for a furnished apartment that is safe and close to 6 west colony place, Durham 27705. Price range is from $650 -$1200 (not sure what rent is like in Durham). I have a car and can drive but would prefer under 20 minutes and want to avoid bad traffic (I was told Chapel Hill area to the 6 west colony place is not so good).

Suggestions would be appreciated!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 04:00 AM

2,024 posts, read 5,920,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiveMedicine View Post
Hello!

I'm moving to Durham from Portland OR for a 4 month project. I am looking to move their BY AUG 1st so I don't have a lot of time to understand the area.

I am looking for a furnished apartment that is safe and close to 6 west colony place, Durham 27705. Price range is from $650 -$1200 (not sure what rent is like in Durham). I have a car and can drive but would prefer under 20 minutes and want to avoid bad traffic (I was told Chapel Hill area to the 6 west colony place is not so good).

Suggestions would be appreciated!!!!!
You will do fine at that price range and plenty of locations to pick from -- downtown, I-85/Hillandale, American Village, Pickett Rd., University/MLK, Patterson Place/Mt. Moriah Rd. would all be within a 20 minute drive. The four month lease may be the only challenge but call around and you'll be fine.

Some complexes will offer furnished units; if they don't you can rent furniture through a company called CORT.

Typically Aug. is a busy month for apartments with students coming back to school; however, there are literally a couple of thousand apartment units coming online due to new construction downtown, so there are an unusual number of housing details.

Duke surveys off-campus student residents about their experiences in apartment complexes and posts the surveys online - http://studentaffairs.duke.edu/sites...port_Final.pdf. Unlike reports on apartment rating web sites, which are full of puff-pieces from apartment managers and hit pieces from disgruntled tenants, this is a pretty good and unbiased set of reviews.

Good luck!

Old 07-19-2014, 12:12 PM

52 posts, read 62,826 times
Other options for you is to maybe try sharing a furnished house with a homeowner or sharing an furnished apartment with another tenant. Since you're only here for 4 months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary