Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 08:26 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris75 View Post
A while ago, a Wake resident on this forum said that I should gather arms for the impending race war between East and West Durham. They weren't joking, and genuinely feared setting foot anywhere in the city.
I think the war is between the snobs in Cary and the lack of snobs in Durham!!!

Perhaps it is human nature to want to think you are better than someone else and that is what makes a snob? And if that is the case and feeling snobby makes you feel better, go for it. Sounds more like low self esteem to me. Let me disclose...I am not a psychologist!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2014, 09:24 AM

288 posts, read 360,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
I think the war is between the snobs in Cary and the lack of snobs in Durham!!!

Perhaps it is human nature to want to think you are better than someone else and that is what makes a snob? And if that is the case and feeling snobby makes you feel better, go for it. Sounds more like low self esteem to me. Let me disclose...I am not a psychologist!!!

I disagree. When people living in Wake County highlight each individual crime that occurs in Durham, there is no hidden agenda. They are people who genuinely care about their neighbors in Durham. They lose sleep at night worrying about safety of those living in all parts of Durham, because they are all in danger. I have no doubt that the same people highlighting the crimes are also donating large sums of money to worthy charities aiming to correct the socioeconomic imbalances in Durham. It's just in their DNA.

Old 07-31-2014, 09:48 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
So...the question is...

Is it the perception of the people in these areas (do they think they are better) or is it the perception of the people from other areas (they just think the people think they are better)?!!

Do YOU think you are snobby or do YOU think other people are snobby?

Old 08-01-2014, 11:18 PM

22 posts, read 33,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigKahunaNC View Post
Those poor thieves will have to come back in 4 months for the newer versions!
lol! Sorry, this made me chuckle

In all seriousness, I do hope they catch the thieves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary