Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 06:10 PM

71 posts, read 99,280 times

Advertisements

I've searched and a lot of posts are old, so figured I'd ask again to get more recent feedback. I'm in Apex/Cary looking for someone to do granite and backsplash. I've heard Absolute Stone and Apex Marble/Granite. Anyone have opinions or preferences from experience?

We aren't interested in changing out cabinetry, so we're sticking with our maple cabinets. I see a lot of people go dark (black) to have contrast, but quite frankly I'm tired of dark countertops, as the current ones are navy solid top. Considering saint Cecilia and new Venetian gold right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2014, 07:56 PM
T|K

891 posts, read 2,497,194 times
The Polished Edge. They did our old house and did an amazing job. Jason is awesome. Several others on the forum have used him as well.

Old 08-13-2014, 09:06 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,252,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T|K View Post
The Polished Edge. They did our old house and did an amazing job. Jason is awesome. Several others on the forum have used him as well.
The Polished Edge is great! They did my kitchen and bathroom countertops (granite), kitchen backsplash, tile floors in my bathrooms and new shower.

Old 08-14-2014, 10:13 AM

86 posts, read 146,987 times
Stone City in Raleigh - best prices that we found and great workmanship.

Old 08-14-2014, 10:29 AM

1,886 posts, read 4,816,657 times
We had Absolute Stone do our master bath and laundry sink a few months ago. Very happy with the price and the quality of the installation. I also thought that they had a nice selection of slabs in our chosen colors.

Old 08-14-2014, 12:08 PM

679 posts, read 810,240 times
I was very happy with Cary Granite! Not sure if they do backsplashes, but they did our granite kitchen countertops.

Old 08-15-2014, 01:45 PM

171 posts, read 319,093 times
We used Mogastone in Cary which was wonderful (small family owned shop with amazing granite/marble selection). We then used Jason at The Polished Edge for our backsplash...also a great experience. You can't go wrong with Jason.

Old 08-15-2014, 04:00 PM

185 posts, read 473,098 times
I have santa cecelia in a leathered finish....its beautiful

Old 08-17-2014, 12:06 AM

789 posts, read 1,992,648 times
Wow, the Polished Edge has a D- rating with the Better Business Bureau and I can't find a website or FB page or anything. Is this guy still in business?

Old 08-17-2014, 10:08 AM

52 posts, read 62,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguy316 View Post
I've searched and a lot of posts are old, so figured I'd ask again to get more recent feedback. I'm in Apex/Cary looking for someone to do granite and backsplash. I've heard Absolute Stone and Apex Marble/Granite. Anyone have opinions or preferences from experience?

We aren't interested in changing out cabinetry, so we're sticking with our maple cabinets. I see a lot of people go dark (black) to have contrast, but quite frankly I'm tired of dark countertops, as the current ones are navy solid top. Considering saint Cecilia and new Venetian gold right now.
Try "Stone World Granite & Marble Inc." based in Raleigh, NC. They're online and have a phone number you can call. I use them on most of my home projects. They have good prices, the reps are very accommodating and aim to please. Just make sure you're there to witness the install. One or two of the workers might be accident or mistake prone. Just like any other company you may use.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary