Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 05:45 PM

677 posts, read 1,904,924 times

Advertisements

A new restaurant opened this week at Millpond Village, corner of Kildaire Farm Road and Ten Ten. Those of you who live down this way will probably agree that we needed a new place with a variety of choices. We have McDonald's, pizza, mexican, jersey mikes, sushi, and 'fancy/pricey' Chef's Pallette. Now we have a new choice!!! This is tucked away in the corner beside the mexican restaurant. We went tonight, and the food was very good, a large variety of choices, the owner was happy to see us, and the manager very nice...unfortunately 3 of her waitresses called in with sick kids so she was waiting tables. Still, the service was fine with just a few kinks to still work out. 70-80's decor and music, and a nice little bar too.

If you like eating out (or even takeout) as much as I do, check it out and help me keep it around
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2012, 05:56 PM

5,745 posts, read 17,617,113 times
They're already losing points with me by just having a Facebook page and not a "real" webpage with menus etc. We are only 10 minutes away, so we'll have to stop in this weekend.

Old 12-20-2012, 06:26 PM

154 posts, read 389,776 times
I ate there tonight as well. I hope the missing servers accounted for the S L O W service.

Are they missing people in the kitchen as well? Both our appetizer and my entree did not match the descriptions on the menu. Even when they took it back and made it again it still wasn't correct.

Not a great first impression. I was hoping for a good, reasonably-priced restaurant here, but instead there is a place with OK food and a huge bar. Are there really enough barflies in this area to support the Italian place, Chef's Palette, and this place? I'm thinking no? I wish we could get a fast-casual place of some sort. I must be in the minority, though.

flamtap

Old 12-20-2012, 06:38 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,191,923 times
I'll have to check it out since they're nearby. Hopefully their service will improve once kinks are worked out.

Old 12-20-2012, 07:44 PM

677 posts, read 1,904,924 times
Don't know anything about what was going on in the the kitchen but this is their 3rd day open and there are always things to work out when a restaurant first opens. I don't think you are in the minority at all, flamtap, I would love fast-casual, too...something along the lines of a Panera Bread, Chipotle, Greek Fiesta,etc, heck even a diner.

I remember when Tony's opened (where Chef's Pallette is) and people on this board gave them hE11, and they didn't last long. Granted, they WERE awful, but we seem to be very tough critics.

Their FB page has access to a menu http://m.menutabapp.com/restaurants/137564939672496/#_home. For some reason I can't open it on my home computer but could open it on my Iphone. Our meals were very tasty.

Old 12-20-2012, 07:53 PM

25 posts, read 60,649 times
We live close to there. I really hope it's good. we went to chefs pallette last week and really liked it but definitely too expensive to go often.

Old 12-20-2012, 07:57 PM

455 posts, read 919,738 times
Wife and I went earlier in the week and found it mediocre. Her mom has been telling us about this place for like a month, so we felt really bad when we had to break the news to her. Hopefully the get better.

Wife ordered Fish and Chips off their specials paper menu. It said "Guinness battered fish, french fries and cole slaw, served with a Remoulade sauce". Sounded pretty standard. What she got was flat soft taco that was the size of the dish (laying flat on it) with melted cheese on it, some shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, beer battered fish in the middle with pineapple around it, and house made chips (like, potato chips). The fish had the remoulade sauce on it. At no point did it indicate that it was a hybrid fish taco thing.

A waitress asked her how it was, and she said ok. Then the chef came out to the booth and said "so you didn't like the fish and chips?". I was really proud of my wife, who would usually not stick up for herself, and she told him straight out how she felt. The fish itself tasted good, but everything else was not at all what she expected. Had she known it wasn't fish and chips like it said, she wouldn't have ordered it. He just said "yeah, ok, they'll need to change the description on the menu".

To their credit, they inquired, hopefully to make things better, and he wasn't at all rude about it.

I hope they do well, but I don't think we'll be back.

Old 12-21-2012, 05:46 AM

5,745 posts, read 17,617,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdolls4me View Post
I've never had to click my mouse 147 times just to read a dang menu. Unacceptable.

But. . . . .I did learn that they serve breakfast, so my wife will be VERY happy.

Old 12-21-2012, 07:06 AM

334 posts, read 868,172 times
Way too soon to try a new place. I personally never go until it has been open 4-6 weeks. In some cases that is too soon.

Old 12-21-2012, 07:13 AM

1,738 posts, read 2,578,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser View Post
I've never had to click my mouse 147 times just to read a dang menu. Unacceptable.
and no prices listed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary