Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 10:06 AM

525 posts, read 1,298,042 times

Advertisements

Why not Glenwood North??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2014, 10:50 AM

4,003 posts, read 10,840,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eleven8 View Post
Thanks for the suggestions! All are new to me!

Longlake sounds really nice.

Special guest, what was your experience like with a townhouse built in the 80s? Just curious!
IMO as an inspector, the vast majority of 70's and 80's townhouses have long lists on our reports. Many look at a townhouse as a temporary stop, so upgrades and maintenance just are not performed at the same rate as a single family home. If nothing else, poke your head in the crawlspace of any older unit you are interested in. If it is damp and moldy, anticipate 3-5k in work and adjust your offer appropriately. Everything can be fixed, but that is a real common finding on the older TH's that carries a lot of expense.

My suggestion would be built this millennium on a slab foundation.

Old 12-31-2014, 11:46 AM

18 posts, read 22,042 times
Awesome advice, sacred grooves really helps flesh things out for me thanks!

Looks like I'll keep bouncing between Renaissance Park or Glenwood North and similar communities off of Glenwood. I'll also look out for a surprise gem in 27609 if I come across any

Keeping my fingers crossed that some great homes come on the market at the end of January!

Old 01-05-2015, 03:35 PM

Quick update: I really liked Glenwood North. I'm now comparing the neighborhood to Renaissance park, hoping to decide on one or the other... Both seem comparable to me.

I'm leaning toward Glenwood be they seem to resale quicker, but not by much.

I saw an older townhouse too... Crawl space was just as sacred grooves described, passed on it because it was already a short sale and I figured I wouldn't be able to go low enough on the price to make up for the work that needed to be done.

Old 01-23-2015, 08:47 AM

Thanks everyone! Just to update, I found a home in Pinecrest that I loved, it had 3 bedrooms! But they accepted an offer the day I saw it.

Anywho, I'm still looking and have used all of your recommendations. I even requested the HOA Docs for communities I'm interested in in advance so I can be prepared if a house I like comes up.

In the meantime, I'd like to switch Realtors... Would welcome any dms of recommendations. I am in a first time homebuyer program that requires the Realtor go thorough an orientation... Otherwise I'm a well informed, thoughtful and patient client who could benefit from a realtor who really knows the area and is responsive and thoughtful... And who I trust. Things my realtor is not.

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary