Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 07:26 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,478,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggly Woggly View Post
or try some Oscar Mayer angus beef hotdogs like we did tonight. I liked em...especially with Ruth's chili from FoodLion.
With Mustard, Chili, Slaw, and Onion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2017, 07:42 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,929,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renownedtheworldaround View Post
With Mustard, Chili, Slaw, and Onion?
Mustard, chili and onions. My wife loves plus slaw

Old 08-18-2017, 07:52 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,239,392 times
Hot dogs? Take a drive to Jones Café on Main Street in Clayton.

Old 08-18-2017, 08:03 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,929,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecomet View Post
Hot dogs? Take a drive to Jones Café on Main Street in Clayton.
Used to go all the time when it was Jones Lunch. Been once since they changed the name...new management I guess? Same good food I may add.

Old 08-20-2017, 09:34 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,183,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renownedtheworldaround View Post
You're probably going to have to wait until Wegmans gets here for that.
Can't wait til you get a Wegman's! Lucky you!!!!

Quote:
or simply have some shipped

Shipping is so expensive. I can get some locally at the Abbott's (frozen custard from Rochester) but they want $10 for a package and I wanted a few to put in the freezer, just can't pay those high prices. Wegman's sells them for $3.99.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
It's been five-plus years, but the HT on Harrison and Maynard used to have them (red and white). I have not checked recently, but it 'might' be worth calling them.

Thank you, I will check HT. I was told they carried them but the one in Hendersonville, NC no longer does. Hoping another HT may.

Quote:
or try some Oscar Mayer angus beef hotdogs like we did tonight. I liked em...especially with Ruth's chili from FoodLion.

Nah...but thanks. I'm not big on hot dogs, to be honest, but my summers were spent in Rochester at my grandparents cottage in Hilton and my Grandfather would grill the white hots on a home made grill in the ground. My parents are from Rochester and I was hoping to get some to grill outside one day while they are still here for the summer. We go to Duke every 3-6 months and just thought I may find them there.

Thanks to all who replied. If I find them while there will give an update!

Old 08-21-2017, 06:00 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Can't wait til you get a Wegman's! Lucky you!!!!

Shipping is so expensive. I can get some locally at the Abbott's (frozen custard from Rochester) but they want $10 for a package and I wanted a few to put in the freezer, just can't pay those high prices. Wegman's sells them for $3.99.

Thank you, I will check HT. I was told they carried them but the one in Hendersonville, NC no longer does. Hoping another HT may.

Nah...but thanks. I'm not big on hot dogs, to be honest, but my summers were spent in Rochester at my grandparents cottage in Hilton and my Grandfather would grill the white hots on a home made grill in the ground. My parents are from Rochester and I was hoping to get some to grill outside one day while they are still here for the summer. We go to Duke every 3-6 months and just thought I may find them there.

Thanks to all who replied. If I find them while there will give an update!
Next time a friend or family is heading up north, have them bring some back and then freeze them. That, for sure, is the cheapest, bestest way to get your fix.

Old 08-22-2017, 10:41 AM

459 posts, read 757,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post

I can get some locally at the Abbott's (frozen custard from Rochester)
We love Abbott's!!! We'd always get some when we went to visit my husband's family in Rochester. But we haven't been there in a few years. So your statement sent me to the Abbott's website and I see that there are 2 locations in the Spartanburg area...not too far from my sister in NC. We need to plan a road trip!

Also we used to buy Zweigles at Harris Teeter in the Raleigh/Cary area, but they stopped selling them several years ago.

Old 08-23-2017, 06:41 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,183,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorinCary View Post
We love Abbott's!!! We'd always get some when we went to visit my husband's family in Rochester. But we haven't been there in a few years. So your statement sent me to the Abbott's website and I see that there are 2 locations in the Spartanburg area...not too far from my sister in NC. We need to plan a road trip!.
My Grandmother was friends with the owner of Abbott's. The one in Spartanburg recently opened, and there's another one in downtown Greer, which was the first one in this area. I used to live in Miami and they opened 2 locations, one was a single location, the other one was inside a donut place, I think it was Dunkin Donuts - both didn't make it.

If you make a trip all the way to Spartanburg, check out Mon Amie if you like crepes. It isn't far from Abbotts, actually on the same road, but maybe a 15 minute ride - the food is the bomb!!! Cakeheads Bakeshop is within walking distance of Abbott's and the baked goods are fantastic.

Quote:
Also we used to buy Zweigles at Harris Teeter in the Raleigh/Cary area, but they stopped selling them several years ago

I guess until Wegman's opens a store, I'll just have to wait. I don't know anyone going to Rochester from where I live. Patience grasshopper!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary