Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2008, 09:58 AM

40 posts, read 118,889 times

Advertisements

Is it feasable to live just east of Durham (if that is a good area) and commute to Wake Forest?

Would I want to live east of Durham? I have read many conflicting and somewhat inflamatory posts about the area, which when I vistited was actually quite nice.

Thanks for the advice...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2008, 10:17 AM

3,021 posts, read 11,059,173 times
I'm not sure about the commute question, but since you'd be going the opposite direction of most of the traffic, I imagine it would be pretty smooth.

As for east Durham, it can depend. There are definitely some parts that are nicer than others. Do you have a specific neighborhood/community in mind?

Old 01-18-2008, 10:23 AM

932 posts, read 1,273,819 times
You would be going against traffic, so it would probably not be terribly bad...

cant help with areas in durham though, but im sure others will chime in...

Old 01-18-2008, 10:26 AM

I honestly don't know what the communities in that area are, but when I was visiting I drove (using my GPS) from Duke to Wake Forest and I took some back roads and ended up looking at some developments near a "national/state" park. However, I doubt I could find the area again, and maybe I was not in Durham at all by that point.

Anyway, are there towns between Durham and Wake Forest, or does one area just run into the other?

Old 01-18-2008, 10:48 AM

3,021 posts, read 11,059,173 times
Ah, I see. That actually sounds like north Durham to me. Very pretty area with some nice, new neighborhoods. The park you noticed is Eno River State Park. Some of the neighborhoods in that area have direct access to walking trails in the park.
N.C. Division of Parks and Recreation: - Welcome to Eno River State Park

I know of at least one person on this forum who lives in that area. Hopefully she'll have time to stop by and give you more information.

Old 01-18-2008, 12:37 PM

321 posts, read 1,577,471 times
Actually, we are in NE Durham, close to Fall's lake and we are in Grove Park subdivision. It is on 98 and you could take that all the way through to Wake Forest. FROM NE Durham TO Wake Forest would be opposite of the typical commute (most people live in Wake Forest and commute to RTP in Durham). We love where we live, very quiet, we take the dog to Fall's lake sometimes. We are on a golf course which is wonderful for walking around. We are close enough to Brier Creek, Southpoint for them not to be inconvenient but far enough away that it is relatively peaceful. Our neighborhood is mostly young families, elementary school is fine, middle school not so good yet, although with all the developments going in on Sherron Rd (Brightleaf being the big one), Mineral Springs, etc. there will probably be new schools going in soon.
I feel very safe driving around, our neighborhood is extremely safe and is well maintained. Also, home prices aer about half of Wake Forest.

Old 01-18-2008, 02:21 PM

315 posts, read 1,256,478 times
We live in Ravenstone, which is on the corner of Sherron Rd and Rt 98. I work in Youngsville, right off rt 1. It takes me about 25 mintues to get to and from work. Like donna78 said, we're close to Brier Creek, and it's pretty quiet in our neighborhood.

Dave

Old 01-18-2008, 05:04 PM

Do you get decent sized lots in the area you all are describing? at least bigger than .1 acres?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary