Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2015, 02:34 PM

122 posts, read 151,439 times

Advertisements

Can you please give me more info on what you like/dislike about living there. Also if you know of any resale homes can you pm me. Is it far to the freeways or 55?

Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2015, 02:43 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,838,708 times
I don't live there but probably inspected 30% of the houses. The neighborhood is tucked away, so a little bit of a drive to the hwy or 55 (maybe 15 minutes to either US1, 55 or 40). It is a good looking neighborhood though and the houses are well built.

Old 05-09-2015, 02:56 PM

Thanks so much!

Old 05-10-2015, 04:38 AM

5,743 posts, read 17,598,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredgrooves View Post
The neighborhood is tucked away, so a little bit of a drive to the hwy or 55 (maybe 15 minutes to either US1, 55 or 40)
Yes. I live very close to Brighton Forest (intersection of Lake Wheeler Rd and Ten Ten Rd). It takes me 12 minutes to get up Lake Wheeler road to I40, so figure a few extra minutes for Brighton Forest. It also takes me about 17 minutes to get to downtown Apex on Ten Ten, so probably a few extra to get over to 55. Remember that the 540 tollway will be probably built just north of Brighton Forest within the next 5 years, I'm speculating.

Old 05-11-2015, 09:08 AM

131 posts, read 445,802 times
I had a girlfriend who lived there for a few years, and I was out there on several occasions. She bought a brand new house, probably around 3,200 sq feet including the roughed in unfinished upstairs that probably could have been finished for around 30-40K. The subdivision is very pretty, but the lots are smaller (typically 1/2 acre or less, at least on her street). The subdivision is off a two-lane country road, a little distance from I-40. I'm not sure if it's near any grocery stores, etc. either. It's sort of on the backside of everything, probably 5 miles or so from Wake Tech main campus (Raleigh), and Fuquay Varina. We worked out on 64 near downtown Apex, and it took her about 35 minutes or more (depending on traffic) to get to work by 8:00 a.m. using the back roads. She expressed frustration about driving the back roads during the few snow storms we get here in NC a year because they were not cleared very well (she is from up North, used to snow and ice) so just know that during inclement weather, you will have to be prepared.

The home was beautiful, but she started having A/C problems that first year, stuff pouring out of her outside A/C unit. Luckily it was still under warranty so it was replaced quickly. Her street was full of younger-ish professional families (late 30's with smaller kids). She also had regular visits from deer and foxes, as she had a small strip of trees behind her house. I'm not sure about the racial climate there though (she was caucasian), or the satisfaction with the base schools. Do your research on Wake County schools, as from my understanding, they still reassign students to different schools (you may get the school closest to you) every year or two, and some schools are year round while others are traditional...can pose a problem if you have multiple children of varying ages. She didn't have any children.

She had her house for a few years, then put it on the market summer 2014 when we all got laid off. She had THREE offers within a week of two showings, and then sold it above asking price (it became a bid war lol) to a retired couple who paid cash for it. So 1. Do you research on the builder, and the school system; and 2. seems like a good investment for those who do not want to live directly in the city. Go on the Wake County property tax site and punch in addresses and see what homes have sold for within the last few years. That should give you a fair barometer of the neighborhood. Houses were being erected at a rapid rate during the year or so I visited her over there, so you also may want to check to see future expansion plans if you are worried about landing in a subdivision that ends up too big for your liking. Also check pricing on using the pool center, because I'm not sure how much extra that is a year.

Last edited by bleighorr; 05-11-2015 at 09:20 AM..

Old 05-11-2015, 08:34 PM

Thank You so much for bringing up important questions. I really appreciate it. We loved it there, but need to think about the good/bad/in between when making such a huge decision.

Thanks again!

Old 05-17-2015, 02:44 PM

Seeing if anyone else lives there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary