Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2006, 02:59 PM

32 posts, read 101,523 times

Advertisements

We're still researching our options for our pending relocation. Does anyone have any experiences, good or bad, with the builder from the Lionsgate subdivision in Clayton? My husband and I really like the style of the homes and we know they are close together and have small lots but coming from Los Angeles--we're used to that--we wouldn't know what to do with our own yard anyway!! We're looking for a builder that doesn't charge for every little upgrade, we'd like to find one that has a decent base model so that we're not having to spend an arm and leg just to make the place comparable to the models... any help would be appreciated!!

p.s. we're interested in communities with a rural feel that maintain the architectural integrity of east coast/southern style homes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2006, 02:28 PM

32 posts, read 101,523 times
I found out the builder name is Fred Smith Co, they also build Riverwood---- any info on this builder? Please help! Thank you!!

Old 11-12-2006, 09:07 PM

311 posts, read 618,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by From CA to NC View Post
I found out the builder name is Fred Smith Co, they also build Riverwood---- any info on this builder? Please help! Thank you!!
Fred Smith builds LOTS of houses in Johnston County! He is in the state senate here in NC, just been re-elected. Sorry I can't help you with info on the houses he builds....such as quality, etc. Hope you find what you are looking for. I believe there are posters here that live in Riverwood or Riverdell so maybe they can help.

Old 02-05-2007, 11:47 AM

579 posts, read 2,863,856 times
Bumping this thread. I also would like some more info about this s/d and builder. Anyone?

Old 02-05-2007, 12:09 PM

653 posts, read 2,987,360 times
The homes are very charming, and the location is good - the lots are small, especially for Johnston County, where many people are moving to get more land than they can in Wake. However, not everyone wants the maintenance of a half acre or more, and the Charleston style homes are very appealing with the porches and balconies.

Maybe someone who lives there or is more familiar with the builder can chime in with info on the quality of construction?

Old 02-05-2007, 04:55 PM

12 posts, read 33,346 times
LionsGate SubDivision in Clayton--Any Info?

I live close to LionsGate in Clayton and I visited LionsGate because I was interested in joining their swimming and fitness club.

The builder is should I say- notorious- but in a positive context. Fred Smith has a good reputation generally and these houses appear well built. LionsGate is a little crowded for my taste, but if yard maintenance is what you want to avoid, you may like it and the community is appealing and well planned.

Still, when all is said, it is your future home and only you can decide if it fits with the lifestyle you are hoping to create for your family. If you have not done it yet, I would suggest that you come and spend a week in Clayton and sample the surrounding communities.

If that is not possible, send me a list of questions and points of interest that you may have, and I will try to get the information for you.

Solange

Old 02-06-2007, 12:42 PM

579 posts, read 2,863,856 times
Thank you! I have seen the homes there and they are nice and I like the low maintenance aspect. I was hoping to get some positive feedback about this builder since I can't seem to find too much info on them so that is helpful.

Old 08-01-2008, 12:51 PM

1 posts, read 5,820 times
Default I Live in Lionsgate

My daughter and I just moved into Lionsgate. Our home seems extremely well built. We have had no problems to date. The community does your mowing which is great. The pool is wonderful but does get crowded with outside members.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary