Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 07:04 PM

715 posts, read 889,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Lan View Post
Northern and Bell. yes, as far as I know. Interestingly enough, my last egg-creme was from a little shop just north of there on Bell Blvd.

Back in the 60's when I was a wee little one, I lived in the apartments by Francis Lewis and Horace Harding. Went to PS 162 and St Roberts.
Wow that is funny...When I was still in NY and a jet fan when they played at Shea I had a friend who lived near there next to the post office and a shopping center in fresh meadows I remember coming from Brooklyn to pick him up and we would go to Bell or some dive bar in Flushing....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2015, 01:49 PM

744 posts, read 1,263,078 times
Bagels on the Hill in Chapel Hill and Monuts Donuts in Durham.

Old 08-30-2015, 09:44 AM

1,521 posts, read 2,765,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrkd View Post
If you are located in southern wake county, Bagels+ might be worth a visit (I've not myself). They're located just off 55, north of Fuquay Varina.

Business: Home Page
Map: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ba...0a226216e62874
You NAILED it. Thanks for the recommendation, you rock!

Killer bagels. Crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside, flavorful, good variety, good size (not small and thin, big and bulky), awesome. For those looking, this one is a hit for sure, will try the other spot on Strickland soon.

Old 08-30-2015, 11:34 AM

2,492 posts, read 3,031,370 times
Am I imagining this or are the Brueggers Bagels better at the Wade Avenue location over the Garner one? I used to get them at North hills way back and currently the one on 401. But I stopped by the Wade avenue one and was first wowed by the set up and decor. I liked that you could watch them being made etc.. picked up a parmesan asiago bagel with onion chive cream cheese. Oh my God, that was the best bagel I've ever tasted in my life. It blew away what I thought I was already happy with. The full scale breakfast sandwiches looked delicious too, Very fresh and actually like the picture. You can understand if you've ever compared a Dunkin donut sandwich to its representation.

Reading this I feel like a cheerleader. Maybe Brueggers marketing will give me a call. I'd tell them that the 401 store needs a revamp and there is a noticeable taste difference. I wonder if they bake them.at that location. If not that could explain the difference. Too many variables,I suppose. But if the ones you get up North are supposedly so much better, I can't imagine why one would ever move.

Old 08-30-2015, 01:39 PM

1,521 posts, read 2,765,888 times
Go to bagels +, you will forget brueggers exists except for when you want a chewy, flavorless, ring of dough....whenever that would be.

Old 08-31-2015, 06:22 AM

4,264 posts, read 4,715,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyJet View Post
unless hand rolled with NY Water it aint a bagel
Ain't so. Go to Montreal. Their bagels are better than NY. Of course their water is better too.

Old 08-31-2015, 11:08 AM

714 posts, read 722,314 times
Most people who relocate to the Triangle from NJ think, "Oh, no.....bogus bagels!" I think "Yay! Biscuits!" (Not overly fond of bagels.)

Old 08-31-2015, 12:14 PM

634 posts, read 913,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackwriter View Post
Most people who relocate to the Triangle from NJ think, "Oh, no.....bogus bagels!" I think "Yay! Biscuits!" (Not overly fond of bagels.)
I love a great biscuit too, but am afraid to ask ...

Old 08-31-2015, 12:20 PM

767 posts, read 1,848,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rory breaker View Post
You NAILED it. Thanks for the recommendation, you rock!

Killer bagels. Crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside, flavorful, good variety, good size (not small and thin, big and bulky), awesome. For those looking, this one is a hit for sure, will try the other spot on Strickland soon.
Love that place...go there often!

Old 08-31-2015, 02:29 PM

14 posts, read 14,982 times
I'm from 'upstate NY' so never had any NYC bagels... but while I dislike Brueggers I don't mind Duncan Donut's bagels. *gasp* Blasphemy, I know. Of course the NY Bagel and Deli shop on Strickland/Falls of Neuse is a thousand times better, but when in a pinch I'll go to Duncan Donuts over Brueggers....

I don't know, they just have a weird aftertaste to me, also I *LOVE* olive cream cheese (we always called it pimento cream cheese at the store in our town, but the NYBD didn't know what that was, but later discovered olive cream cheese on their menu, so guess that wasn't the official term :P) so had a few bad batches there and gave up. Maybe I'll try again at a different store someday.

Also, about the peach pie comment... surprisingly NY also grows peaches! We'd buy utility peaches every year and make some of the best peach cobblers or pies around... of course homemade sooooooooo far better than what you'd get in a restaurant :P
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary