Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2008, 11:45 AM

15 posts, read 72,080 times

Advertisements

I'm planning to buy a car sometime Nov 2008 or early next year. I need a temporary car in the meantime. Is there such thing as 1 yr least in the Triangle or nearby area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2008, 01:25 PM

121 posts, read 410,939 times
I have never heard of a 1 year lease. If you find one, I would think it would be VERY expensive, since the car depreciates so much in year 1.

If you are looking for a short term vehicle, I highly recommend you look to acquire a lease that someone is trying to get out of. How it works is you basically are responsible for the payments through the end of their lease. Then you just hand in the keys and walk away. NOTE: if the car is over the allotted miles, YOU are responsible to pay the overage fees. 2 websites come to mind:

LeaseTrader.com - Car Lease - Lease Assumption - Short Term Leases
swapalease.com - car lease takeover - auto lease assumption - car lease transfer - auto lease take over

Both sites allow you to see a huge inventory of cars in all price range. Just make sure you look at all the costs with the lease. Some "sellers" will charge you a fee to take their lease (downpayment), and some will actually pay you cash to take over the lease (incentive). Take into consideration all the fees when determining your real monthly payment.

Good luck.

Old 02-01-2008, 03:53 PM

15 posts, read 72,080 times
Default awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncwannabe2 View Post
I have never heard of a 1 year lease. If you find one, I would think it would be VERY expensive, since the car depreciates so much in year 1.

If you are looking for a short term vehicle, I highly recommend you look to acquire a lease that someone is trying to get out of. How it works is you basically are responsible for the payments through the end of their lease. Then you just hand in the keys and walk away. NOTE: if the car is over the allotted miles, YOU are responsible to pay the overage fees. 2 websites come to mind:

LeaseTrader.com - Car Lease - Lease Assumption - Short Term Leases
swapalease.com - car lease takeover - auto lease assumption - car lease transfer - auto lease take over

Both sites allow you to see a huge inventory of cars in all price range. Just make sure you look at all the costs with the lease. Some "sellers" will charge you a fee to take their lease (downpayment), and some will actually pay you cash to take over the lease (incentive). Take into consideration all the fees when determining your real monthly payment.

Good luck.
the websites are awesome! thanks a lot ncwannabe2!

Old 02-02-2008, 05:37 AM

1,364 posts, read 6,025,462 times
how is liability determined when the lease car is turned in and there is damage or wear (tire wear etc)

who is responsible?

Old 02-02-2008, 11:35 AM

354 posts, read 1,218,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneezecake View Post
how is liability determined when the lease car is turned in and there is damage or wear (tire wear etc)

who is responsible?
Of course, that would be the current lessee when he/she turns in the car at the dealership at the end of the lease. I know BMW does not charge for tire wear unless it is below the minimum safety standard and the tire(s) have to be replaced due to that.

Old 02-02-2008, 03:20 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,179,716 times
Leasing is usually a bad idea.

Can you move down to a lower priced new car and buy it?

Just got a new 2008 Toyota Corolla CE at Fred Anderson for a bit over $14K.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary