Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2006, 06:33 AM

227 posts, read 728,282 times

Advertisements

For the moms out there I really need some help! We're heading to Triangle area in March/April of 2007 and will have our new daughter who will be 3-4 months old at that time. The problem is that here in Argentina we're going into summer in December/January so I'm buying lots of newborn and 0-3 mos stuff for her. BUT, I realized if we leave her in March it's still summer here, but back there it's not. So can I get some advice on what I will need for her at 3 to 4 months? ie. how heavy of a jacket, boots/shoes, hats, clothes? also, when should I expect to switch over to true spring and then summer clothes. I don't want to buy a bunch of things that never get used. any other suggestions would be welcome as well! Thanks in advance!!!!!

Laura
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2006, 07:43 AM

653 posts, read 2,986,711 times
Congratulations!!
To answer your question about what you will need here, my advice is LAYERS. The weather is a bit unpredictable at that point, and your baby will start getting "wiggly", so she'll need some short sleeved onesies, some long sleeved shirts to wear over them that can easily be removed, a couple long pants, and at least one good sweater and hat. Just buy a couple things she can wear over those cute summer clothes.
As a mom, though, I would caution you against buying too much newborn/0-3 month clothing anyway until you know how big she'll be - if you have a 9 pound baby, my prayers are with you, and she'll never wear them anyway.
I've relocated once with a two week old, once VERY pregnant, and once with a 2 month old (we never did time our moves well) so if you need any advice, pm me!

Old 11-19-2006, 08:43 AM

5,660 posts, read 26,998,136 times
Average Daily Temps for Raleigh-Durham

March
H 62.5F
L 39.9F

April
H 71.8F
L 46.4F

National Weather Service

Old 11-19-2006, 03:01 PM

25 posts, read 69,423 times
In CA (similar temps) when my kids were that age I'd either just put a jacket on them during the day or I used the one-piece fleece bunny-type suits that go right over their entire outfit. Like a snowsuit but it was just warm, not waterproof. Easy on/off and doesn't ride up on the baby's back, because it's a one piece thing with legs. Target usually carries them for about 15 dollars or so. For snow I'd have something similar but in snowsuit form - thick and waterproof.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary