Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 07:25 PM

492 posts, read 1,152,390 times

Advertisements

I don't see Cam as a black quarterback I see him as a really good QB that makes it fun for me to watch an entire game. It's fun to see him having a great time. His team seems to really like playing with him. I don't know him personally so why would I have comment on that? Can't wait for the SB! I also love Manning, hope he has a good game too. At the end of day it's just a game. If you don't enjoy don't watch. I am sure there will be some NCIS reruns playing.

Old 01-28-2016, 09:29 PM

1,279 posts, read 1,723,333 times
It's funny... I saw someone on Facebook talk about how she couldn't stand Cam Newton's antics... but then hoped Von Miller would shut him up.

And there are multiple Youtube videos of Von Miller sack dances.

Sports hypocrisy, I tell ya...

Old 01-29-2016, 12:28 AM

3,239 posts, read 3,543,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
I think there are a lot of people who would like to be surprised. How is Newton going to handle that Denver pass rush?
If Denver can get pressure without blitzing, then they have a chance of stopping/limiting him. But if they need to blitz in order to get pressure, Cam was the best in the league against the blitz this year, so it could be a long day for them. I'm also not convinced that Peyton's noodle arm will be able to throw the ball over the top against an opportunistic Panthers defense.

Old 01-29-2016, 01:50 AM

610 posts, read 746,459 times
Steelers fan here.

Not a fan of Peyton, though I'm grateful he beat the Patriots. My son-in-law is a huge Pats fan and is a real jerk when it comes to football fandom so it was good to see the Pats join the rest of those of us eliminated!

I'm pulling for Carolina since I live here now. Steelers always come first, of course, but they went home.

Old 01-29-2016, 05:03 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,931,523 times
Win-win situation for me. I'm just looking for a great super bowl game.

Old 01-29-2016, 05:32 AM

1,056 posts, read 1,738,575 times
Love the Panthers and Cam, a lot of hate for them but I think it just help motivates them to prove everyone wrong. Most of the analyst thought they couldn't bet Carson Palmer and Fitzgerald and we all saw what happen in that game.

Cam doesn't taunt the other team just celebrates his success, he's having fun so are the other players and especially the young kids who hope for a football after the touchdown. Like he says don't want to see me dance don't let me get in the end zone!

Old 01-29-2016, 06:12 AM

748 posts, read 1,376,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris75 View Post
I won't speak for pitroad, but I know that some people prefer to cheer for QB's with a slightly lighter complexion. To be clear, I'm a big Panthers fan, but I've also talked to people who have issues with Cam's "on-field antics". Strangely, they have no problems with all the stuff JJ Watt does after a big play.

Ummmm WHAT? Im sorry but I totally disagree with this statement. Look at Tom Brady? People complain for whoever is on top.

Old 01-29-2016, 07:35 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,577,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris75 View Post
I won't speak for pitroad, but I know that some people prefer to cheer for QB's with a slightly lighter complexion. To be clear, I'm a big Panthers fan, but I've also talked to people who have issues with Cam's "on-field antics". Strangely, they have no problems with all the stuff JJ Watt does after a big play.
Cam Newton is refreshing. He's the first QB ever who has successfully combined passing and running skills to the point where he's equally dangerous with his arm or legs. Some may make the argument that Michael Vick v1.0 had done that but he wasn't nearly as smart a QB as Newton.

And his on-field antics? He's his teams biggest cheerleader, the first one on the field to celebrate after a big defensive play and someone who is clearly having the time of his life on the field. I think Tom Brady is an amazing QB, maybe the best pure passer of his generation, but give me Cam the Cheerleader over Angry Tom any day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamenguista View Post
Bitter Iggles fan here, so I could give a **** if the Panthers win or lose. If the Triangle had their own team, then of course I'd root for them.
So sorry for you, you're an abused fan and so I'll allow you your (typically) misguided Eagles fan opinion (my son is one).

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
I like Cam for his skills, I don't like him for his theatrics. It is not necessary for him to tell us how good he is, we can see that.

For that reason I would like to see him knocked on his ass a few times so he can have a reality check.

If Cam thinks people hate him because he is black, he is wrong, people hate him because he is a showboat. Color don't matter to most NFL fans.

If Cam has a bad day and the Panthers lose all the haters will say he stinks and all his showboating will be for naught.
Cam gets knocked on his ass puh-lenty; he just bounces back up, runs to the huddle and is right back at it. The man is not a showboat, he's having fun and celebrating. I will defend him all day because I consider him to be a breath of fresh air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitroad View Post
I like the Bronco's ..... holy cow
Which makes sense. I'm sorry about Super Bowl XLVIII, that was a hard game to watch. I think they are an amazing team and won't be at all sad if they win next week. But that doesn't mean I won't be rooting for our Panthers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
I hope they lose. I haven't quite adopted the Panthers as my NFL team like I have with the Hurricanes in hockey. It's nice to see the Panthers doing well, and I wish them every success, but I just can't stand Cam Newton. He celebrates way too much. So I'll be going for Peyton Manning and the Broncos. I'd have been rooting for the Panthers all season if I could stand Newton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalicoskiesNC View Post
I don't see Cam as a black quarterback I see him as a really good QB that makes it fun for me to watch an entire game. It's fun to see him having a great time. His team seems to really like playing with him. I don't know him personally so why would I have comment on that? Can't wait for the SB! I also love Manning, hope he has a good game too. At the end of day it's just a game. If you don't enjoy don't watch. I am sure there will be some NCIS reruns playing.
Hey, you wrote my post. I feel like I should buy you a beer or something.

Old 01-29-2016, 08:09 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,249,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Yes. And I don't even like the sportsball.

Still, they are the NC home team and I'm from NC.
This ^^^

Old 01-29-2016, 08:50 AM

1,545 posts, read 1,874,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
I like Cam for his skills, I don't like him for his theatrics. It is not necessary for him to tell us how good he is, we can see that.

For that reason I would like to see him knocked on his ass a few times so he can have a reality check.

If Cam thinks people hate him because he is black, he is wrong, people hate him because he is a showboat. Color don't matter to most NFL fans.

If Cam has a bad day and the Panthers lose all the haters will say he stinks and all his showboating will be for naught.
The thing is, he isn't arrogant he celebrates, but people only have issues with QBs celebrating, and many, many, many other players celebrate all the time, they are just not QBs, so they don't get the flack. People are only angry because they are winning plain and simple. I think people complaining about celebrations simply have never played the game. Pro sports tries to zap the personality out of players and take the fun out of the game. What in his actual character whether it's a interview or off the field that reads arrogant? Nothing. Taking it back to child hood just playing with friends people did just this and it was understood to be all in good fun, which was Cam's explanation to his celebrations. I find it silly people are even mad at him giving game balls to kids. This is all just bitterness because again they are winning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary