Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2016, 06:29 PM

22 posts, read 26,300 times

Advertisements

It's true. And my reasoning for trying to find something "new" was to all "be new together". Silly thought now that I think about it. I was worrying that of we don't all find ourselves new together that we may not fit into the already planted people on the street. I guess it doesn't matter. I just want to be sure we find friends!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2016, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJKB View Post
Just wanted to give a "shout-out" to Holly Springs! There are tons of transplants here! In fact, we moved from NJ (but we have kids and do the "family stuff")
It made me chuckle a little that you called it rural!
Maybe I shouldn't have said rural! I meant more suburban, though I did pass quite a few cows at one point! 😊

Old 05-11-2016, 08:00 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,893,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmaBSN View Post
It's true. And my reasoning for trying to find something "new" was to all "be new together". Silly thought now that I think about it. I was worrying that of we don't all find ourselves new together that we may not fit into the already planted people on the street. I guess it doesn't matter. I just want to be sure we find friends!
Check out Brighton Forest for new and then look in Cary along and off the Cary Parkway area for previously loved homes, just to compare and see how you feel.

There are so many options, in so many towns that your head will spin. We could all provide you with 100's of possible neighborhoods, but you are probably better off checking out general areas and trying to be open to new AND resales. Hate to limit you to this or that.

Old 05-11-2016, 08:05 PM

4,477 posts, read 11,617,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmaBSN View Post
The good thing about this area is that there are a ton of transplants, and we have a bunch of really active Meetup groups. I've found it pretty easy to make friends that way, once you find a group (or groups) that you like. For example, I'm vegetarian (99% vegan) and over the past few years have wound up with a group of about 10 really close veg*n friends. We get together outside of Meetup to celebrate birthdays, have potlucks, etc. Another close friend I met at a kayaking Meetup. I also got involved volunteering with a greyhound rescue group, and have made friends that way.

Most, if not all, of my friends moved here from elsewhere. None live in my neighborhood, but one is less than two miles away. Things are close enough together here that it's really no problem for me to get together with friends who live in Chapel Hill, Durham, North Raleigh and even Winston-Salem (although that guy does like to drive all over the state). :-)

I would say look for an area/neighborhood that you like, with a short commute (or in a central area). Then you'll have time to make new friends, no matter where you wind up meeting them.

Old 05-12-2016, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adlnc07 View Post
The good thing about this area is that there are a ton of transplants, and we have a bunch of really active Meetup groups.
Thanks adlnc07! Yes joined some Meet Ups already. Hoping to get with a biking group and other outdoor activities!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary