Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 08:31 PM

1,965 posts, read 3,308,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyv View Post
Thank you all for your comments. I had lived in Southeast Raleigh for one year after moving from New Jersey. I loved it there and was planning to buy a house in North Raleigh or Wake Forest. When I moved there in 2012, my job from NJ allowed me to work from home for few months. After the job ended in November I had a had time finding a job in my field within Pharmaceutical Research within RTP. I got a 6 months contract but the pay was not much. I was busy comparing the salary from NJ to NC and it did not measure up. I convinced my husband to move back to the Northeast and now regretted it. I moved to Delaware with a contract job. I thought living in Delaware, close to PA and MD, NJ will be able to get a job and live comfortable in DE. Unfortunately, companies seems to care about my location and not even considering me for an interview in PA (My thought). Companies want me to relocate to NJ. NJ cost of living is too high and not even thinking of it. I told my husband to move back to NC as the job market is moving up in the RTP, cheaper homes and good school for the children. I regretted the move to DE. He is considering going to Texas but I have not seen much of Pharma/Regulatory affair position in TX. Also, I will need to sell my house in DE. This is why I am asking for opinions and advise on both states. I have gathered so much and I am hoping to get more
Some Reg Affairs positions you can do from home. Many of the major companies in RTP (and the industry in general) have downsized considerably. The acquisition of Quintiles probably will portend more layoffs. If you have experience with 510k you may want to check out devices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2016, 08:36 PM

1,177 posts, read 2,340,465 times
Dallas, if you want cheaper cost of living, more to do, more to eat, more to shop, more everything.
Raleigh, if you want more greenery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary