Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 09:16 AM

63 posts, read 98,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post
Let's not forget to throw in GMO's, steroid enriched animal meat and pesticide riddled produce.

But then you're forced to explain how with all of these threats to our health, the average life expectancy continues to climb and people are remaining active and vital well into their seventies and beyond.

I'm with Mike, it's 5:00 PM somewhere and so I'm thinking of getting polluted in a way more entertaining manner.
I agree that modern age life expectancy has increased, but not without any health problems - cancer, obesity, heart attack, diabetes and etc, Overall qualify of life has decreased. Only health freaks are keeping good care of health being active and concerned about food intake. My motto of health has been "Food is thy medicine and thy medicine is food".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2016, 09:27 AM

43,297 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okapex View Post
I agree that modern age life expectancy has increased, but not without any health problems - cancer, obesity, heart attack, diabetes and etc, Overall qualify of life has decreased. Only health freaks are keeping good care of health being active and concerned about food intake. My motto of health has been "Food is thy medicine and thy medicine is food".
"Quality of life has decreased?"

Well, that little hyperbole of hysteria pegs my BS meter. A life lived in abject irrational fear is not a quality life, whether long or short, IMO.

And, a nod to the Triangle CD Forum: Whether that life is in Wake County, NC, or in any other location.

Old 09-29-2016, 10:30 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,931,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okapex View Post
My motto of health has been "Food is thy medicine and thy medicine is food".
Mine is "motion is the lotion"

Old 09-29-2016, 11:46 AM

1,716 posts, read 2,771,581 times
I am completely amazed I am sitting here alive today at almost 70 years old. Growing up in the 50's with lead paint, house full of smokers, asbestos walls-ceilings-brakes etc, public water, no seat belts/air bags, walking to school in all types weather alone, on airports final approach with low flying aircraft. Know I'm forgetting many other things that today are deemed life-threatening or life-altering that most of us survived. Amazing ....

Old 09-29-2016, 11:55 AM

757 posts, read 2,083,633 times
News flash... We have a 100% mortality rate

Old 09-29-2016, 11:58 AM

4,304 posts, read 5,991,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitroad View Post
I am completely amazed I am sitting here alive today at almost 70 years old. Growing up in the 50's with lead paint, house full of smokers, asbestos walls-ceilings-brakes etc, public water, no seat belts/air bags, walking to school in all types weather alone, on airports final approach with low flying aircraft. Know I'm forgetting many other things that today are deemed life-threatening or life-altering that most of us survived. Amazing ....
Of course you survived...you're here posting. Those who didn't survive aren't here to speak up.

Old 09-29-2016, 01:53 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,931,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitroad View Post
I am completely amazed I am sitting here alive today at almost 70 years old. Growing up in the 50's with lead paint, house full of smokers, asbestos walls-ceilings-brakes etc, public water, no seat belts/air bags, walking to school in all types weather alone, on airports final approach with low flying aircraft.
Some of us got lucky
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
View detailed profiles of: