Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 04:33 PM

346 posts, read 613,352 times

Advertisements

Is a garbage dump...everyone else in my subdivision takes care of their property but no not the house directly across the street from me...its a daily eyesore..a ****hole...we live out in the county so township subdivision laws dont apply...Who if anyone can we call from Wake county? We have already spoken to them about it...they prefer to stay drunk and drugged up...typical of alcoholics and drug addicts...We would like them to clean it up..we even offered to help..our motivation is 2 fold..first we are looking to relocate and second ..its a health issue and their 100+ bags of garbage piled up since the summer will (if not already) attract rats and other vermin...ICK!

Old 12-19-2016, 04:50 PM

45,435 posts, read 60,638,057 times
County Code Enforcement and Inspections.

HOA?

Old 12-19-2016, 05:01 PM

27 posts, read 33,132 times
Per Wake County: Code Enforcement
  • The Wake County Solid Waste Ordinance regulates the storage, collection and disposal of solid waste in the unincorporated portions of the county. As defined within this ordinance, items such as bulky waste, garbage, pallets, tires, auto parts, construction debris and yard waste can constitute a solid waste violation if not properly stored or disposed of. In general, household items that are regularly used, such as garden and lawn care appliances, children’s toys and pet supplies do not constitute a solid waste violation.

• "If you discover that solid waste items are being improperly stored or disposed of outside the corporate limits of a town in Wake County, please contact Wake County Code Enforcement Coordinator Geoffrey Pearson at 919-856-2613."

Old 12-19-2016, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
County Code Enforcement and Inspections.

HOA?
Thanks...no HOA's Thank God...no covenants either..people can burn their garbage in their front yards if they want...the people across from us used to do this too...

Old 12-19-2016, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bio-Tech View Post
Per Wake County: Code Enforcement
  • The Wake County Solid Waste Ordinance regulates the storage, collection and disposal of solid waste in the unincorporated portions of the county. As defined within this ordinance, items such as bulky waste, garbage, pallets, tires, auto parts, construction debris and yard waste can constitute a solid waste violation if not properly stored or disposed of. In general, household items that are regularly used, such as garden and lawn care appliances, children’s toys and pet supplies do not constitute a solid waste violation.

• "If you discover that solid waste items are being improperly stored or disposed of outside the corporate limits of a town in Wake County, please contact Wake County Code Enforcement Coordinator Geoffrey Pearson at 919-856-2613."
Thank You...this is exactly what i was hoping to find...we will approach our neighbors again about this..if they still do not take some initiative then we will... I am all for helping my neighbors rather than risking a confrontation... but I want to exhaust diplomacy first...

Old 12-19-2016, 05:43 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,256,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoWheelMan View Post
Thanks...no HOA's Thank God...no covenants either..people can burn their garbage in their front yards if they want...the people across from us used to do this too...
Sorry for the mess you are having to deal with.

However, when asked about the HOA, you respond with "no HOA's thank God". You do realize that if you had an HOA, this wouldn't be an issue, right?

And yes, that neighbor's lack of yard maintenance WILL decrease your property value.

Old 12-19-2016, 05:50 PM

Yes I do realize its a double edged sword..basically it comes down to this...if you own your own home or you are paying a mortage..it is an insult to have some group of holier than thous dictate to you what you can and cannot do and then charge you more money on top of that...
My next home will be on my own...separate piece of property ..no subdivisions...Thank you for your response.

Old 12-19-2016, 06:48 PM

188 posts, read 151,746 times
Quote:
Yes I do realize its a double edged sword..basically it comes down to this...if you own your own home or you are paying a mortage..it is an insult to have some group of holier than thous dictate to you what you can and cannot do and then charge you more money on top of that...
Yes, but if you own your own home or are paying a mortgage, it is an insult to have some redneck reduce the value of your investment by cluttering up the neighborhood with their junk or their poorly maintained property. Not is it an insult but it could cost you arseloads of money. Protection of that value is what an HOA gives you.

Think of it not like they are telling you what to do. They are giving you the benefit of the doubt that you won't do anything too stupid, but enforcing rules for the d-bags that do.

Quote:
My next home will be on my own...separate piece of property ..no subdivisions...Thank you for your response.
It might be yours one day and gone tomorrow. Usually when state or county governments decide to take away property for purposes of building new roads & infrastructure, the rural properties on large plots of land are first on the chopping block because the cost of demolishing a densely packed subdivision is too great, so those properties tend to get protected from imminent domain first.

Nothing wrong with HOAs, just be sure to read the rules before you buy the property to be sure the HOA's way of thinking matches yours. If you don't agree with the HOA rules, don't buy it. That's the error so many fools make, they buy a home without even seeing if the rules mesh with their own philosophy.

If you just buy a property with no rules believing it bought you some freedom, you're buying a property that matches your way of thinking today, but the properties around it will certainly change their way of thinking in the future. And the government very well may change the way of thinking as it applies to your property as well.

If you don't like paying dues, just go for an HOA with fewer amenities to maintain or at least things like opt-out possibilities for the ones you won't use.

Old 12-19-2016, 06:51 PM

16,421 posts, read 12,522,693 times
Oh, the irony in this thread.

Old 12-19-2016, 07:02 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,240,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Oh, the irony in this thread.
Yep and a good advertisement for the value of HOA although OP is opposed to such.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary