Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2017, 11:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,497 times

Advertisements

Hi! I have been looking around the threads, but am having a hard time finding recent information relevant to my housing search.

We are looking to relocate from Greenville to the Wake Forest area for my husbands job. He will be working near Six Forks Road and the 540. He wants less than a 30 minute commute, and it seems like Wake Forest is a very family-oriented town.

Unfortunately, my husband and I have somewhat different priorities. He would love a lot of land, with a huge house (3,800+), while my top priority is a neighborhood with a strong sense of community. I would love a neighborhood with a community pool and parks (I am a SAHM with a 2 & 4 year old). The minimum lot size he is willing to consider is .25, provided that the houses aren't super close together.

We are looking for something around 3,000 sq ft, under $500k, and prefer newer homes. I think we have (currently) narrowed it down to the Enclaves in Heritage (Rolesville address), or Averette's Ridge (all lots at least .3 acres).

Which would you pick and why? Are there other neighborhoods that I am missing? Other factors I should consider? There are just soooooo many houses/neighborhoods in Wake Forest, much less N Raleigh, and I am feeling completely overwhelmed! Thanks!

Last edited by Aniram317; 05-20-2017 at 11:47 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2017, 04:44 AM

311 posts, read 888,016 times
Have you looked at any of the newer communities on the west side of Wake Forest? Off Thompson Mill/Camp Kanata?

We have friends who live in both of the neighborhoods you listed and both are very happy. My biggest hesitation about that area is the traffic. I find the Bypass, S. Main and Rogers Rd to be very congested. We love living west of Capial Blvd.

Old 05-21-2017, 04:01 PM

342 posts, read 388,157 times
I am not familiar with Averette's Ridge, but we have lived in Heritage for 7 years (been a member of the golf club for 13) and I really love this community. I am not a planned community person and didn't want to leave our old house with land, but did it for the kids. You will meet so many people here with the pools and parks and activities. It really is a great place to raise a family.

Have you considered looking at resales in Heritage instead of the Enclave? The problem with that section is the schools. Do you know what schools the houses you are looking at are zoned for? I believe it is Sanford Creek, but I'm not positive, which I have not heard great things compared to Jones Diary (Heritage South) and Heritage Elementary (The Heritage section on the golf course) While it's too early to worry about high school because things will change, having a Rolesville address would make me concerned about being sent to Rolesville Middle and High. The houses in the golf course section are Heritage, Hertiage, Heritage.

There are also some houses in the older section of Heritage that your husband might like because they back up to Wetlands and are private. Another area he might like are the houses that back up near the greenway section in Heritage South, they feel very private as well. I was super picky about our lot and we were able to find a very private lot with .5 acres in Heritage.

Old 05-21-2017, 07:34 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferg72nc View Post
I am not familiar with Averette's Ridge, but we have lived in Heritage for 7 years (been a member of the golf club for 13) and I really love this community. I am not a planned community person and didn't want to leave our old house with land, but did it for the kids. You will meet so many people here with the pools and parks and activities. It really is a great place to raise a family.

Have you considered looking at resales in Heritage instead of the Enclave? The problem with that section is the schools. Do you know what schools the houses you are looking at are zoned for? I believe it is Sanford Creek, but I'm not positive, which I have not heard great things compared to Jones Diary (Heritage South) and Heritage Elementary (The Heritage section on the golf course) While it's too early to worry about high school because things will change, having a Rolesville address would make me concerned about being sent to Rolesville Middle and High. The houses in the golf course section are Heritage, Hertiage, Heritage.

There are also some houses in the older section of Heritage that your husband might like because they back up to Wetlands and are private. Another area he might like are the houses that back up near the greenway section in Heritage South, they feel very private as well. I was super picky about our lot and we were able to find a very private lot with .5 acres in Heritage.
awesome post. it wouldn't let me rep you again

Old 09-06-2018, 10:53 AM

7 posts, read 5,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferg72nc View Post

I live in Heritage and although I love the location and the town, I am not thrilled with the subdivision. I am across Rogers Rd in Heritage South. The community is very big and lacks a community feel. It is gorgeous though.

Heritage schools are highly desired and why we bought in Heritage. The section you are looking in Heritage is Rolesville schools- and I think that Rolesville schools have a bad rap but not sure if that is warranted. Heritage HS is capped and so kids had to go to their base school- Rolesville this year. There are so many great subdivisons zoned for Rolesville, I think there is going to be a big change in the schools.

I have heard nice things about Averette's Ridge.

I think you will LOVE Wake Forest!! It is a great town. Please feel free to ask me any questions and welcome!

Old 09-07-2018, 08:30 AM

118 posts, read 178,288 times
My daughter lives in the Enclave. Very family friendly safe area. Lots of kids and friendly neighbors too. The subdivision has good lighting, sidewalks, a great playground within about a mile (you could walk to it!), a short greenway section and Mill Bridge Nature Park across Rogers Rd. It is very convenient to all of the things you need (groceries, restaurants, gas, etc). I think the Heritage "name" will always bring a little higher value in resales as it really is a great planned community and has won numerous awards. With that said - the pool has a membership fee (as does the golf course) - it is not a "free" community pool. Good luck!!!

Old 09-08-2018, 08:14 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,249,243 times
When you say you are "overwhelmed", it makes me wonder why your Realtor isn't assisting you? If she isn't familiar with Wake Forest, find someone who is. They will make it so much easier for you. Even if you are looking at new neighborhoods, you still need a Buyer's Agent. The onsite agent works for the builder, not the buyer.

Heritage has more "status" because of the golf course and the more custom builders. No vinyl siding in Heritage! It just has a great reputation and tends to be more desirable. You will pay a bit more to be in Heritage but you won't have issues when it comes time to sell. As another poster mentioned, your HOA fees do not include the pool in Heritage. I've actually had some buyers in Heritage choose to join Granite Falls instead. You'd have to check because I "heard" that Granite Falls was limiting their pool memberships.

There are some larger homes in Traditions, with a bit more land. Holding Village South is cute but the lots may be smaller than you'd like.

Hope this helps!

If you are searching "Wake Forest", you may want to also use "Rolesville" as they are very close. There is a new neighborhood in Rolesville called Barrington. Beau Pre will give you more land, as well.

Old 09-08-2018, 10:52 AM

2,819 posts, read 2,585,020 times
I have friends in heritage who absolutely love it. I would be hesitant of rolesville because of school reputations however honestly they’re probably fine. Our school is in the middle of the pack and we have been happy with it.

Have you considered falls river /Bedford? It’s close to 540, has a neighborhood feel and some homes have lots that would meet your requirements. Just another to add to the mix if you haven’t yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary