Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 09:53 AM

40 posts, read 53,836 times

Advertisements

I have 3 exceptional photos on my iphone I would like to print. I would like the result to be professional quality print rather than typical local printing such as Walgreen for example.
Any ideas on where I can maximize the quality of these photos? Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2017, 10:00 AM

8,166 posts, read 8,526,811 times
Your upper limit is the resolution of the image on your phone. Any print service can maximize that. It depends on the size print you want.
The commercial process that produces highest quality for large prints is called giclee. Search for local shops that offer that service.
Snapfish does them for $20 according to my search

Old 10-10-2017, 12:46 PM

1,836 posts, read 1,597,424 times
I use Nations Photo Lab for my prints that I want to print as art pieces. You will be able to tell on their website if the photos from your phone will work resolution wise.

Last edited by JaPaKoMom; 10-10-2017 at 12:46 PM.. Reason: they also have coupon codes to use regularly.

Old 10-10-2017, 07:07 PM

454 posts, read 495,574 times
I use adoramapix for my photos. They've done beautiful work for me. But the resolution is the most important thing. You can have a gorgeous photo on your screen but if it's 72dpi, it won't print well unless it's tiny.

Take a look at this article for more help on that. https://www.macworld.com/article/303...ur-photos.html

Old 10-10-2017, 07:22 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,012,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaPaKoMom View Post
I use Nations Photo Lab for my prints that I want to print as art pieces. You will be able to tell on their website if the photos from your phone will work resolution wise.
Thanks for that recommendation.
I want a photo done on canvas and it looks like they would be a good choice.

Old 10-10-2017, 08:11 PM

1,257 posts, read 1,185,380 times
Artifact Uprising does a great job with iPhone photos and they also offer larger print sizes.

Old 10-11-2017, 06:45 AM

40 posts, read 53,836 times
Thank you. Great advice.

Old 10-11-2017, 06:54 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCjustme View Post
I have 3 exceptional photos on my iphone I would like to print. I would like the result to be professional quality print rather than typical local printing such as Walgreen for example.
Any ideas on where I can maximize the quality of these photos? Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
Your upper limit is the resolution of the image on your phone. Any print service can maximize that. It depends on the size print you want.
The commercial process that produces highest quality for large prints is called giclee. Search for local shops that offer that service.
Snapfish does them for $20 according to my search

I think this advice is correct. I printed some wonderful 8x10 from my samsung s8 and resolution was flawless at that size. I did mine at Costco for about $5 (+/-) per print, cheap, and they get compliments all the time, with very good detail and resolution. (You can see droplets of water in perfect focus, captured in mid-air, for example.)

I don't know what your definition of quality is, but I suspect that Costco (or any local option, probably) can maximize the resolution of your iPhone. For less than $10-15, I would certainly try it. You submit them via their website, and pick them up as quickly as you can drive there. Simple, easy, and not much risk.

Try it.

Old 10-11-2017, 07:07 AM

5,345 posts, read 3,214,825 times
I think, if I'm reading correctly, that the OP wants professionally developed photographs (i.e. a more traditional finish).

All of the "print in store" (Costco, Walgreens) end up with a quality slightly better than a DIY job on your home printer.

Perhaps I let the little things bother me, but I've never been truly pleased with the in store photos.

Old 10-11-2017, 07:29 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
I think, if I'm reading correctly, that the OP wants professionally developed photographs (i.e. a more traditional finish).

All of the "print in store" (Costco, Walgreens) end up with a quality slightly better than a DIY job on your home printer.

Perhaps I let the little things bother me, but I've never been truly pleased with the in store photos.
That was my expectation with Costco, but my experience was different. (You can choose glossy or matte finish, border or not, blah blah blah.)

Again, for the super-low price-point, I'd recommend trying just a picture or two. That's what I did, and why I did it, and I was happy. Much to gain, little to lose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary