Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2017, 08:34 AM

6 posts, read 3,412 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I will first apologize if this has been asked and answered, I didn't have time to scroll through much...

I plan to move to the area in January, I'm in my mid-40's, have a big dog who I love to get out to the park, hikes, etc. I'm looking for an area that's safe but still has life as I'll be moving out on my own and don't want to get isolated. I read that being "inside the Beltline" is a good place??

Not sure where I'll be working yet, just looking for any input as I start prepping for my big move!

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2017, 10:34 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,282,179 times
What is your reason for moving and what made you choose the Triangle?

Old 12-02-2017, 01:37 PM

1,527 posts, read 1,482,654 times
What is your budget? Prices are skyrocketing here.

Old 12-02-2017, 02:38 PM

3,444 posts, read 2,823,017 times
There are apartments at North Hills that (used to be, not sure if they still are) pet friendly. Another nice apartment complex that is big dog friendly is at the corner of Six Forks and Lynn Road. Not sure of the prices at either, though. The one at North Hills is right in the midst of everything. The one up Six Forks is very convenient to Shelley Lake and Lake Lynn and is only a very short drive from North Hills and other conveniences.

I know they built some nice apartments down off from St. Mary's Street and West Johnson. There are also some pet friendly apartments/condos at St. Mary's Street and Nicholwood Drive that abut Fletcher park. They would both be right in the middle of the Glenwood South district or a very short walk to it. Again, not sure of the prices.

Old 12-02-2017, 04:13 PM

I am moving to be closer to family. My sister lives in Haw River but I need to be closer to a city for socialization, etc

Old 12-02-2017, 04:14 PM

I can afford $1500 a month for rent. Been used to CA prices so anything else would be a relief! Besides, I need a little space for the dog, fenced in yard, etc

Old 12-02-2017, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlove View Post
There are apartments at North Hills that (used to be, not sure if they still are) pet friendly. Another nice apartment complex that is big dog friendly is at the corner of Six Forks and Lynn Road. Not sure of the prices at either, though. The one at North Hills is right in the midst of everything. The one up Six Forks is very convenient to Shelley Lake and Lake Lynn and is only a very short drive from North Hills and other conveniences.

I know they built some nice apartments down off from St. Mary's Street and West Johnson. There are also some pet friendly apartments/condos at St. Mary's Street and Nicholwood Drive that abut Fletcher park. They would both be right in the middle of the Glenwood South district or a very short walk to it. Again, not sure of the prices.

Thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to reply and providing so many detailed options. I will check them out

Old 12-02-2017, 04:49 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,609,856 times
I think that since you don't know where you're going to work yet, you want to be in a somewhat central location - maybe the Southpoint area of Durham - though ideally if you could rent a home then you'd have that fenced yard for the pup.

There are some apartment complexes with dog parks, and in that area of Durham there's a fantastic town dog park, if you like to go to those.

If you live in Southpoint you would have easy access to I 40 and I think 54. You would also take 40 to get to your sister's.

I'm not sure what we're allowed to link to, but if you google "southpoint apartments dog park" you'll come up with some options. Good luck!

Old 12-02-2017, 05:55 PM

Thank you! We love the dog park 😊. Great tips on location too. I will definitely loin that area

Old 12-02-2017, 06:06 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,609,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jean9c View Post
Thank you! We love the dog park 😊. Great tips on location too. I will definitely loin that area
Great! Here's the one I'm thinking of, it's a really nice one, and right in the area very convenient to major highways and a lot of nice apartment complexes.

https://durhamnc.gov/Facilities/Faci...d-Dog-Park-160
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary