Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2017, 02:43 PM

43,297 posts, read 77,129,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRaleigh Mom View Post
And those MLS photos are many times still available online (years after a home has sold) with a simple google search. Just go to one of the major realtor sites online and search sold listings! So of course you don't need Wakegov for that or for the number of bedrooms.

Wakegov is a tool in addition to just the obvious googling. And like I said, yes the MLS may have some info you cannot find elsewhere however the average person can still find so much info themselves WITHOUT a realtor (since a lot of the MLS info has been pushed to the internet). I understand that you make your living doing this so maybe you don't want others to know that they can still find a plethora of info WITHOUT a realtor. And of course with anything.....there may be errors in the MLS listing and there may be errors on Wakegov.

And last but not least (like I said before), we have no clue what this person is wanting info for so as a normal lay person I am providing him some resources that may help him.

Have a good day Mike!
I know that you are anti-real estate agent, but that is hardly relevant to helping the OP, or anyone else for that matter.
The information I offered was offered freely. NSA. Because I enjoy doing it.
I couldn't care less where people access accurate information, whether they use a real estate agent to buy or sell, etc. And, I have no idea why you would bring such a slur into an interesting conversation.
Additionally, bear in mind, Zip 27519 is not limited to Wake County, although Wakegov is.

Here is the simple request made by the OP:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellygand4 View Post
I am looking to find out recent comps for west cary 27519. Basically what the square price per footage has been selling for. Thx
I nailed it as well as anyone could, with the added bonus of SP/LP, regardless of the use intended:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
In the last 12 months:

1288 residential closings listed on Triangle MLS in Zip Code 27519.

Mean $$$/SF Sale Price = $150.20
Median $$$/SF = $145.62
Minimum $$$/SF = $109.11
Maximum $$$/SF = $227.27

Mean Sales Price as a Percentage of List Price 100%
Median Sales Price as a Percentage of List Price 100%
Minimum Sales Price as a Percentage of List Price 67%
Maximum Sales Price as a Percentage of List Price 112%
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2017, 02:55 PM

3,395 posts, read 7,773,458 times
Price per square foot is a pretty blunt way of looking at things unless the homes are very similar in size, age, trim, features, etc. Instead of asking across a whole zip code, better to look in specific neighborhoods if you can. And even some of the larger neighborhoods have different sections where the lots are different sizes, the builders are/were custom in one and not in the other, etc. You just really have to drill down and find realistic comps instead of working at a big macro level or it can be pretty worthless.

Old 12-08-2017, 03:00 PM

43,297 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dire Wolf View Post
Price per square foot is a pretty blunt way of looking at things unless the homes are very similar in size, age, trim, features, etc. Instead of asking across a whole zip code, better to look in specific neighborhoods if you can. And even some of the larger neighborhoods have different sections where the lots are different sizes, the builders are/were custom in one and not in the other, etc. You just really have to drill down and find realistic comps instead of working at a big macro level or it can be pretty worthless.
Yup.

You buy houses one by one. Not by Zip Code.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary