Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 03:56 PM

4,557 posts, read 3,756,246 times

Advertisements

My sister has 3 new housing choices and the 1st on her list is a house in Bellewood Manor/West Cary. At her work, there are some real “neighborhood snobs” so thought it can’t hurt to ask here since they are all second guessing her choice.

Anyone here live in Bellewood Manor or is this site too specific to users? Heard the builders are great at Bellewood manor but they are still pretty restrictive on what you can do to your house from what my sister has said. It’s not like they can change the floor plan that much.

Also, the entrance/exit of Bellewood manor is ridiculous, are they gonna add a traffic light there?

Obviously the prices are super high with no amenities in the neighborhood but people are willing to pay top dollar for a house in this area of west Cary.

The other thing is that right below Bellewood Manor are what the non-country folks consider land that will be eventually sold to developers -basically the old houses or trailers on Bigelow rd. One thing I’ve seen here is that the old residents will eventually sell their land and now your awesome tree buffer is gone and a new neighborhood is popping up. She’s considering a house on the south side of Ballard Hill Ln and Cooper, so the south side of Bellewood Manor.

She wanted to really buy a resale in Braemore/Weycroft due to the location to Parkside, etc but that is not happening due to no resales and competitiveness of this area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2017, 04:01 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,274,997 times
I have no advice other than you're 100% correct that any tree buffer won't be around for long. I don't believe tree buffers exist in the newer parts of W. Cary.

Old 12-15-2017, 04:04 PM

22,670 posts, read 36,804,509 times
Every development there would need a traffic light if they put one in for that subdivision. And yes, I would expect that whole area to look like an aerial view of Levittown,NY, albeit with bigger houses, in 10 years....house packed in, one subdivision after another.

Why does she care so much what people at work think? That's bizarre.

Old 12-15-2017, 04:06 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,274,997 times
Driving down Green Level Church feels like a totally different down. I'm not saying that in a bad way, but it's so different than other parts of Cary. I can't tell if it's a lack of landscaping in general, or just a lack of mature landscaping.

Old 12-15-2017, 04:19 PM

43,297 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Bellewood Manor has plenty of stream buffers. Many of the buffers will stay because of this.

A larger concern for buying there, IMO, is the fact that one day Green Hope School Road will be connected to Green Hope School Road in Copperleaf.
That will create more traffic than I would want if I lived in one of those homes.
Small lots, close to the street? Meh.

Old 12-15-2017, 05:30 PM

4,557 posts, read 3,756,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Well, that's what I thought since I've spent a considerable time in NC. She's from Maryland/NOVA and doesn't know the area that well, and places importance to her work people. Her coworkers are supposedly mostly from NC and know all the local generalizations.

I told her most of these neighborhoods that are above 600k are similar. But the MOST important thing is that you think your back yard is protected and then someone sells land and you have heavy and loud construction equipment back there. Bellewood Manor seems to have this issue on its south side.

Old 12-15-2017, 08:05 PM

360 posts, read 400,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
My sister has 3 new housing choices and the 1st on her list is a house in Bellewood Manor/West Cary.
What are the other 2 choices? I think there’s one resale left at Weycroft.

Old 12-15-2017, 09:00 PM

1,737 posts, read 2,574,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post

That's also human nature.

Old 12-16-2017, 09:09 AM

22,670 posts, read 36,804,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
Her coworkers are supposedly mostly from NC and know all the local generalizations.

People who are truly FROM North Carolina for the most part do not give a rat's arse about living in the latest and greatest subdivisions ... most likely these are transplants who have to show their peeps back home how much bigger and better their houses are in NC, as a justification for moving here.

She's the one that has to live in the house, neighborhood and area in general. North of a half million dollars is a lot of money to spend on a house that someone else likes for you.

Old 12-16-2017, 09:48 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
We looked there. Didn’t like the airplane noise or the GH School Road cut-through. The entrance/exit is also a concern.

They will build whatever you want there. Not sure why she thinks they won’t. They’re all custom builders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary