Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2017, 04:57 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,278,777 times

Advertisements

Any recommendations for a casual Italian restaurant around Cary/Apex? Daniels in Apex is what I am looking for, but had a bad service experience there that annoyed me enough that I'd like to find another spot. Also feel like their food is just "ok".

Also tried Baby Moon in Morrisvillle and thought it was mediocre.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2017, 05:14 PM

2,863 posts, read 4,679,477 times
Never understood the amount of love that Daniels gets. I've tried them on several occasions and never felt that the food was even just good.

You can try Ricci's Trattoria and Georgina's Pizzeria. In my opinion, both are better than Daniels. Georgina's has live music on certain nights.

Old 12-27-2017, 06:29 PM

22,672 posts, read 36,816,101 times
Just had another terrible Christmas Eve experience at Daniel smh. NEVER AGAIN. We mean it this time.

I like the place on Chapel Hill Rd, now called Paolo's on 54...used to be Lubrano's (not to be confused with Lugano's on Cary Parkway)...I think it's the same owner as before and they just changed the name. I have a friend here whose parents are off the boat and they've always sworn that place is the real deal.

My parents like Ricci's in the shopping center in Cary Park.

Mamma Mia's in Apex is very good....I have not been inside, DH usually gets takeout when he's working in Apex.

Johnny's is actually fairly nice inside but might be TOO casual for what you're after.

That's too bad about Baby Moon, we are there when we first moved here and the food was excellent. Have not been back though and that was 7 years ago.

There is a new place up by Franks CineBowl at Parkside, don't know if it's any good or not. Same owners as Bella Mia or Bella Maria or Bella Monica (not sure if I have that name right,throwing all possibilities out there).

Old 12-27-2017, 06:36 PM

425 posts, read 463,090 times
The answer to the question is Mamma Mia's in Apex. It looks like just a strip mall place from the outside, and a very low key interior, but the food is exceptional. It definitely has that everyone knows each other level of comfort with the owner wandering around the tables.

Old 12-27-2017, 07:00 PM

6,656 posts, read 5,595,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake74 View Post
The answer to the question is Mamma Mia's in Apex. It looks like just a strip mall place from the outside, and a very low key interior, but the food is exceptional. It definitely has that everyone knows each other level of comfort with the owner wandering around the tables.
Mamma Mia's is the best Italian I've had around here.

Also check out Garibaldi in Fuquay, Dantes Italiano in Wakefield, Casa Carbone near Crabtree and Sopranos Grill off of New Bern

Old 12-27-2017, 07:02 PM

22,672 posts, read 36,816,101 times
Oh, funny thing about Mamma Mia's - every time DH has been in there he has heard someone say "this place is so much better than Daniel's" LOL

Old 12-27-2017, 07:11 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,827,210 times
I like Stellino's (Parkside Town Commons). Sister restaurant to Bella Monica in Raleigh.
Enrigo in Waverly is also very good.

Old 12-27-2017, 07:17 PM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,359,291 times
I'd drive to Raleigh and visit Casa Carbone (and I realize it isn't in Apex or southern Cary). There is something about a long-time family owned restaurant that appeals to me.

Old 12-27-2017, 07:22 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,254,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfb View Post
I'd drive to Raleigh and visit Casa Carbone (and I realize it isn't in Apex or southern Cary). There is something about a long-time family owned restaurant that appeals to me.
My favorite for years and years and years!

Old 12-27-2017, 07:37 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,278,777 times
Sounds like I have lots of options - thanks all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary