Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 06:14 PM

58 posts, read 53,532 times

Advertisements

Hello, I don't want to call Lifetime Fitness before I am absolutely sure we want to join. I am trying to understand what a Junior Member can do in the gym and how much that costs. I am looking at the one in Raleigh, off Falls of Neuse. Does anyone have any kids that go there after school and have this type of membership for them? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2018, 06:44 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,274,997 times
Why don't you want to call them? They're going to have more accurate information than anyone on this forum can give.

Old 01-12-2018, 06:46 PM

58 posts, read 53,532 times
Nah, been there before. First they want your name, then your number then ask you a million other questions like a car salesman (at least this is how it has been in the past for me). Also, wanted to know opinions.

Old 01-12-2018, 06:51 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,274,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FILOLI View Post
Nah, been there before. First they want your name, then your number then ask you a million other questions like a car salesman (at least this is how it has been in the past for me). Also, wanted to know opinions.
Just tell them you're interested in getting info, but not ready to give your personal information. If they refuse it's not a company you want to deal with anyway.

Old 01-12-2018, 07:16 PM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,728,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
Just tell them you're interested in getting info, but not ready to give your personal information. If they refuse it's not a company you want to deal with anyway.
This ^

When I joined the Y, they gave me a tour and I asked specifically how much money per month the cost was. They told me, I filled out an application, and carried on with life.

Old 01-13-2018, 09:59 AM

1,733 posts, read 2,422,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FILOLI View Post
So what? Be up front with them and tell them what you need. Why are people so afraid of sales people? Be direct and ask the questions you have. Tell them you dont want to be followed up with.

I'm a member there and can only tell you what that costs. $89 with contract $99 no contract. I dont have kids.

Old 01-13-2018, 06:00 PM

6,654 posts, read 5,590,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
That's what happened with my experience with Orangetheory Fitness. They didn't want to tell me any of their pricing or specials without trying out a class first so I said, "I'll find another gym" and walked out.

Old 01-13-2018, 09:54 PM

609 posts, read 506,036 times
I'm not sure if this is how LT operates, but from my experience, once some of these sales/marketing people get your email and/or number they will either call you or start emailing you. Then when you unsubscribe, your information is sold to someone else and the game continues ...

Old 01-14-2018, 03:34 AM

1,527 posts, read 1,481,453 times
I would only get a month-to-month gym membership at least for the first year.

Some gym contracts have gotchas such as automatic renewal and horrible termination requirements if you move or the gym you select closes or your medical condition changes.

Old 01-14-2018, 08:12 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,454,017 times
Planet Fitness $10/month or $99 yearly.

Great gym just avoid in January when all the resolutioners are out in full force.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary