Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2018, 05:46 PM

510 posts, read 901,915 times

Advertisements

I just got solicited by a gentleman from "Blue Raven" solar. He said Duke energy has a solar rebate program that is new for 2018. I looked it up, and it is right on their website. Is anyone else planning on taking advantage of this? Does anyone have any recommendations for a solar company other than Blue raven? thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2018, 08:00 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,288,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fvncresident04 View Post
I just got solicited by a gentleman from "Blue Raven" solar. He said Duke energy has a solar rebate program that is new for 2018. I looked it up, and it is right on their website. Is anyone else planning on taking advantage of this? Does anyone have any recommendations for a solar company other than Blue raven? thanks.
According to my address, it's not available for my "area" whatever that means.

What sort of deal are they offering you? Duke, I mean, not "Blue Raven."

Old 05-03-2018, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
According to my address, it's not available for my "area" whatever that means.

What sort of deal are they offering you? Duke, I mean, not "Blue Raven."
It's a rebate program. Links to the details below. Of course Blue Raven makes it sound too good to be true. They said between the electricity saving and the rebate it will be like getting a free solar system within x amount of years. (can't remember when the guy said it pays for itself)

https://www.duke-energy.com/home/pro...-solar-rebates

https://www.duke-energy.com/_/media/...fact-sheet.pdf

Old 05-03-2018, 09:12 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,288,569 times
Quote:
It's a rebate program. Links to the details below. Of course Blue Raven makes it sound too good to be true. They said between the electricity saving and the rebate it will be like getting a free solar system within x amount of years. (can't remember when the guy said it pays for itself)

https://www.duke-energy.com/home/pro...-solar-rebates

https://www.duke-energy.com/_/media/...fact-sheet.pdf
Call another solar contractor and get a quote.

Old 05-04-2018, 08:50 AM

79 posts, read 115,450 times
Here are the details that I am going with. Four of our community members are going with same installer !
Got very good deal.

Rebate applications to be open from July 9th I guess.
$60 cents rebate per watt, and upto 10000 watts for residential.

ask me your questions, I have been following this for very long time

Attached Thumbnails
Duke Energy solar rebate program 2018-screen-shot-2018-05-04-11.11.02  

Last edited by stamford06905; 05-04-2018 at 09:11 AM..

Old 05-04-2018, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford06905 View Post
Here are the details that I am going with. Four of our community members are going with same installer !
Got very good deal.

thanks for the information. What installer are you using? I was going to call NC solar now, and sun dollar, and ask for quotes from them.

Blue raven is coming on Tuesday to give me an estimate.

Old 05-05-2018, 12:00 PM

2,267 posts, read 1,947,834 times
Quote:
Got very good deal.

How long will it take for that to pay back the up front costs?

Old 05-06-2018, 04:30 PM

Really depends on your usage. For me average of 7-8 years may be. Even if not, the house value will increase anyway atleast for part of it and still will be on + side.

Old 05-06-2018, 04:32 PM

Quote:
thanks for the information. What installer are you using? I was going to call NC solar now, and sun dollar, and ask for quotes from them.

Blue raven is coming on Tuesday to give me an estimate.
Get your quotes and I will give you my installer details. Try to see if you can can get them to close to my per watt price and see what they say. Blue raven was really really expensive out of all I have dealt with

Old 05-06-2018, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Get your quotes and I will give you my installer details. Try to see if you can can get them to close to my per watt price and see what they say. Blue raven was really really expensive out of all I have dealt with
ok, thanks. Blue Raven is coming to my house Tuesday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary