Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2018, 07:20 AM

580 posts, read 712,635 times

Advertisements

Are there any bead stores in the area where you can go in and sit down and create jewelry with beads (nothing fancy)?
Many years ago, there was one in downtown Cary (and then another one took it's place before it went out of business) and I think one in downtown Raleigh too. I searched but could not find any.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2018, 07:38 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,525,969 times
I didn't realize until just now when I googled that Ornamentea (the DT Raleigh shop) has closed. But it looks like there is another store that will be opening soon. It's not specific to beading, but will have customer workspace with basic tools.

https://crafthabitraleigh.com/pages/about-us

Old 06-20-2018, 08:18 AM

19,446 posts, read 27,860,991 times
It's not quite what your looking for but Michael's offers this frequently. You might also call the bead shops and ask.

Does this help at all?

Your guide to Triangle jewelry-making classes | News & Observer

Old 06-20-2018, 09:00 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,525,969 times
I think the OP is looking more for "drop in" sort of situations (rather than classes), of which there used to be a few shops that offered that sort of thing. You could go any time, purchase the beads and other supplies you wanted, and sit and use their tools. Sort of like those pottery painting studios, but making jewelry instead of painting bowls. The one in DT Cary was really cute, but I guess the trend has passed and they went out of business.

Old 06-20-2018, 10:03 AM

4,265 posts, read 11,428,752 times
Rare Earth Beads in Durham, right on 15/501. I used to make a lot of jewelry and this was always my favorite. I always like it better than Beadazzled in Cary and Ornamentea in Raleigh which someone mentioned have both since closed.

Gemstone Beads Rare & Unique - Rare Earth Beads

Old 06-20-2018, 03:51 PM

580 posts, read 712,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I think the OP is looking more for "drop in" sort of situations (rather than classes), of which there used to be a few shops that offered that sort of thing. You could go any time, purchase the beads and other supplies you wanted, and sit and use their tools. Sort of like those pottery painting studios, but making jewelry instead of painting bowls. The one in DT Cary was really cute, but I guess the trend has passed and they went out of business.
Yes, that is what we are looking for. We used to visit the one in downtown Cary. Maybe it was "before it's time" since now there are so many other craft type places popping up offering classes and camps.

Old 06-23-2018, 10:27 AM

420 posts, read 452,402 times
OP, I recall there being a bead store in the Carr Mill Mall in Carrboro. I don’t remember if it was one of these places where you could craft. I realize it’s out of the way (if it’s still there) but perhaps an employee can direct you to other options in the triangle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary