Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2018, 09:07 AM

250 posts, read 694,327 times

Advertisements

Other NC counties also may have done this or may do it before the election. Anyone know about any other counties?

I suspect all counties will have similar steps for seeing sample ballots.

Here are the steps for a registered voter in Wake Co to see the specific ballot he or she will use for the Nov 6 General Election:
Go to Wake Co. Board of Elections internet page: Board of Elections

⁃ Click on the box labeled “Am I Registered?”
⁃ Click on the box labeled “Example - Search Criteria.”
⁃ The actual Search Criteria Box will come up. Fill it in and click “Search.”
⁃ When your name appears, click on it.
⁃ Scroll down to the line titled “Sample Ballots” and click on the number under “Ballot(s).”
⁃ You should see a sample of your ballot!!!

How I Use My Sample Ballot
Not only do I use my sample ballot to decide how I will vote on each choice, but I also make and carry a marked copy of it to my polling place. Then, when I’m in the voting booth, I only need to duplicate the marks on my sample ballot on my real ballot and double-check it. It really cuts down on my time in the booth, which I really like!

If every voter would do this, lines could mover faster and be shorter! I think this will be important in Nov as we may have a large turnout.

If you agree, would you pass this idea along to others? And if you have other ideas on how to use or make others aware of the sample ballots, please post them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2018, 11:54 AM

6,799 posts, read 7,382,278 times
The best way to shorten the lines on election day is to take advantage of early voting or vote an absentee ballot via mail and skip the election day circus.

Early voting starts October 17th:

Wake County Early Voting

Absentee voting:

http://www.wakegov.com/elections/inf.../absentee.aspx

Old 09-25-2018, 11:57 AM

6,116 posts, read 4,608,458 times
Outside of Wake County, the State Board of Elections website has sample ballots:

https://www.ncsbe.gov/index.html

Go under "Voter/Absentee Lookup" under "Voter Tools."

Old 09-25-2018, 01:08 PM

250 posts, read 694,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
The best way to shorten the lines on election day is to take advantage of early voting or vote an absentee ballot via mail and skip the election day circus. [/url]
BC1960, I agree - thanks for adding this. Actually, I take my marked sample ballot to early voting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
Outside of Wake County, the State Board of Elections website has sample ballots:

https://www.ncsbe.gov/index.html

Go under "Voter/Absentee Lookup" under "Voter Tools."
Jowel,
Thanks very much - I had no idea site existed.

Old 09-26-2018, 11:59 AM

2,743 posts, read 4,827,742 times
Excellent advice. I've been doing all the above for years, it makes the actual voting process so much quicker.

Another suggestion: Find and read the FULL CONTENTS of the referendums being voted upon. The text used on the actual ballet is reviewed and fine-tuned as much as any politicians speech.

Finally, some excellent advice I got long ago: If you're having difficulty deciding who to vote for, try looking who to vote against, that's almost always a much clearer choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary