Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2019, 04:32 AM

347 posts, read 522,288 times

Advertisements

https://amp.newsobserver.com/news/bu...225421205.html

Anyone have more insight on this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2019, 04:43 AM

2,679 posts, read 2,903,386 times
Ugh... unfortunately seems like the plug is about to get pulled...

Im in the minority on here, but I really would like for it to stay a mall. All the other suggestions people have offered up in here sound so incredibly vanilla...but hey, it is Cary so I guess those suggestions are fitting. smh

Old 02-02-2019, 06:55 AM

2,486 posts, read 2,544,554 times
Copy Park West, the place that stole merchants from Cary Towne Center.

Old 02-02-2019, 07:06 AM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,728,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K4GPB View Post
Honestly I agree with you. Take the Park West model but do it better. Park West's original vision had a lot less seas of asphalt parking and was a bit denser. The Preston NIMBYs got all uppity so they scaled back a bit.

Old 02-02-2019, 07:40 AM

2,679 posts, read 2,903,386 times
Quote:

That works... I'd just like a little more variation of retailers similar to what CTC offered/offers.

Old 02-02-2019, 08:42 AM

2,486 posts, read 2,544,554 times
Needed: Housing, parking deck, retail, decent restaurants, medical offices, grocer.
Sell the car and use heavily taxpayer-subsidized GoCary to get to other places.
Walk across the street to future Fenton, if you're employed there or can afford one of the planned restaurants.

Rent a car for beach trips?

Park West and The Bradford lead the way for mixed-use in Cary-Morrisvile. Bradford has a bus stop. Not sure about Park West. Morrisville's planned "downtown" has my doubts.

Parkside Town Commons is the most un-walkable mixed-use thing in the area, with goofy roads and parking. Cannot imagine any tenant walking from H-T with a sack of groceries.

Old 02-02-2019, 09:20 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,341,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNamesake View Post
That works... I'd just like a little more variation of retailers similar to what CTC offered/offers.
Agreed. I want Dillards and Macy's or Belk. I don't want to go to Durham or Raleigh to do my shopping. I don't care how they lay it out but I would like to see it offering decent shopping.

Old 02-02-2019, 09:26 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,274,997 times
I would have loved to have lived in one of those mixed use places when I was younger. I was never really a city person, so having those conveniences in suburbia would have been nice.

Old 02-02-2019, 09:59 AM

9,145 posts, read 14,768,819 times
Quote:
Needed: Housing, parking deck, retail, decent restaurants, medical offices, grocer.
Sell the car and use heavily taxpayer-subsidized GoCary to get to other places.
Walk across the street to future Fenton, if you're employed there or can afford one of the planned restaurants.

Rent a car for beach trips?

Park West and The Bradford lead the way for mixed-use in Cary-Morrisvile. Bradford has a bus stop. Not sure about Park West. Morrisville's planned "downtown" has my doubts.

Parkside Town Commons is the most un-walkable mixed-use thing in the area, with goofy roads and parking. Cannot imagine any tenant walking from H-T with a sack of groceries.
The original plan for Parkside TC was much more mixed use as well, with the apartments over the retail, it got scaled back.

Old 02-02-2019, 10:04 AM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,728,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
The original plan for Parkside TC was much more mixed use as well, with the apartments over the retail, it got scaled back.
Yeah, it's just crazy how dumbly the scaled it back though. Of all the possible configurations for a road network and where they located the residential in relationship to the Teeter/Target, so stupid and auto-centric.

Mixed use my two left feet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary