Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2019, 01:08 PM

481 posts, read 1,087,355 times

Advertisements

I wanted to ask here since I know there are some realtors on this forum and see if I am possibly not understanding the process.

So our home was listed and we had a few showings. It was before we left for vacation but also before the holiday ( 4th). Still had interest but no offers yet. Luckily we have 2 new ones today. So I wanted to know if my realtor will also bring clients looking in my area or do they only go by what other agents bring by?

I ask that because I never heard from her that 'oh I have a few people looking in Apex and I'll be sure to show them your house' etc I just find it odd given how fast the market moves in Apex/Cary that she wouldn't have anyone looking in that area at the moment.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't overthinking it or am I correct in what my expectations are? Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2019, 01:25 PM

43,354 posts, read 77,229,425 times
Did you allow Dual Agency in your listing agreement?

Old 07-09-2019, 02:14 PM

6,385 posts, read 5,512,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishellina View Post
I wanted to ask here since I know there are some realtors on this forum and see if I am possibly not understanding the process.

So our home was listed and we had a few showings. It was before we left for vacation but also before the holiday ( 4th). Still had interest but no offers yet. Luckily we have 2 new ones today. So I wanted to know if my realtor will also bring clients looking in my area or do they only go by what other agents bring by?

I ask that because I never heard from her that 'oh I have a few people looking in Apex and I'll be sure to show them your house' etc I just find it odd given how fast the market moves in Apex/Cary that she wouldn't have anyone looking in that area at the moment.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't overthinking it or am I correct in what my expectations are? Thanks in advance!
As Mike said, check your listing contract. If you elected to have exclusive representation; your listing agent cannot bring his/her own buyer clients to the property.

If you did elect to allow dual/designated agency...the listing agent may just not have buyers who are looking for what your house has to offer. If the agent had buyers for the house and you allow dual agency...trust me they'd bring those buyers.

Old 07-09-2019, 03:12 PM

1,177 posts, read 2,344,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
If you elected to have exclusive representation; your listing agent cannot bring his/her own buyer clients to the property.
but that doesn't preclude agent from telling other agents in the same firm to bring their clients does it?

Old 07-09-2019, 03:21 PM

481 posts, read 1,087,355 times
Hi, thanks so much for the quick response! I looked over the paperwork and we are dual. So just a matter of no clients for my house at the moment. I feel better now! Ty!

Old 07-09-2019, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanieme View Post
but that doesn't preclude agent from telling other agents in the same firm to bring their clients does it?
Read “Working With Real Estate Agents.”

It’s pretty clear on the point.

Old 07-09-2019, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Hi, thanks so much for the quick response! I looked over the paperwork and we are dual. So just a matter of no clients for my house at the moment. I feel better now! Ty!
No clients in dual agency in a sellers market is not a bad thing.

Old 07-09-2019, 03:40 PM

1,177 posts, read 2,344,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Read “Working With Real Estate Agents.”

It’s pretty clear on the point.
What's the difference between a dual agency and a designated agency if both allow another agent in the same firm to represent the other party? It just says “designated agency” may allow each “designated agent” to more fully represent each party. What is "more fully"?

Also, if in designated agency, the other agent even though in the same firm, represents the buyer's interest 100%, why wouldn't sellers always choose designated agency to open up the pool of potential buyers if even in the same firm?

Old 07-09-2019, 04:54 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,268,491 times
Quote:

I usually explain to my sellers that I may not ever show their house, myself.

The reason being is that I am marketing to over 5,000 other Agents (including those from my company). I may be working with only 3 buyers, at one time. What are the chances that one of those 3 wants your exact house, exact price, etc.

Wouldn't you rather your home be marketed to the 5,000 instead of 3 buyers?

If a potential client calls me from one of the 250 websites that we post on or even from the sign in the yard, I will certainly call them back and would be happy to show them the house. It just doesn't happen that often.

Old 07-09-2019, 07:01 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,244,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanieme View Post
What's the difference between a dual agency and a designated agency if both allow another agent in the same firm to represent the other party? It just says “designated agency” may allow each “designated agent” to more fully represent each party. What is "more fully"?

Also, if in designated agency, the other agent even though in the same firm, represents the buyer's interest 100%, why wouldn't sellers always choose designated agency to open up the pool of potential buyers if even in the same firm?
if memory serves, meanieme has joined the business. If I'm wrong about this - hey, I'm old. one of our "regular" posters has definitely become an agent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary