Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2019, 09:04 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times

Advertisements

here's the rules, in laymen's terms, the next time you buy a place:

1. you can negotiate any "rebate" you are able to with your agent (representation)
2. if you're borrowing money, your lender must approve it
3. if new construction, you want to check the builder/developer's contract language
4. you CANNOT in NC, unless you're actively licensed somewhere, get paid a nickel for some other party to use a Realtor that you're trying to get said nickel from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2019, 06:36 AM

190 posts, read 200,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
. ignorant .
Keep going on with insults.....you make my case

Old 07-10-2019, 06:54 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,246,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxrb1 View Post
I don't think Bo was being rude, at all.

It is somewhat frustrating for those of us that have been in the business a long time, when someone who doesn't understand real estate tries to explain the "rules".

No one said a Realtor CANNOT give a buyer or a seller part of their fee/commission/income. As long as the lender is ok with it and it is on the closing disclosure.

Believe it or not, I recently had an onsite agent come to me, to tell me the builder had decided to give a rather large bonus on his last 5 homes in the neighborhood. This was as I sat in his office, with my buyers, getting ready to write up the contract!

I took my buyers aside, explained the "bonus" and told them if I couldn't get the builder to add the fence, I'd help with the cost. As it turned out, I did get the builder to add the fence AND I did offer my buyers a portion of the bonus. So, of course, Realtors know this can be done, legally.

On the other hand, I have had buyers (that I meet for the first time) ask if I'll "give" them a "kickback" (their words, not mine). I explained that my husband doesn't like it when I give my INCOME to anyone. I give them the option of working with me or finding an agent that will give them what they are asking for. Does it surprise me that buyers ASK? Nope. However, I typically do not give my INCOME to buyers.

Of course, you haven't told us what you do for a living or how you would handle someone asking you for "money back". And, to be honest, I don't really care. I'm done with this thread. Buh Bye!

Old 07-10-2019, 09:41 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxrb1 View Post
there are many topics of which I am ignorant - to the extent I do not understand the topic. If you consider the classic definition of the word ...

Quote:
lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about a particular thing.
"they were ignorant of astronomy"
synonyms: without knowledge, unaware,

Old 07-10-2019, 09:56 AM

204 posts, read 383,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Vicky brings up some excellent points. (Most particularly that a buyer should ALWAYS have their own agent. Period. No exceptions. )

I'll suggest something else: If that drywall hasn't been installed yet, go take pictures of the electric and the plumbing and the 2×4's. We built 6 years ago and have referred back to those photos more times than I can count.
I echo this 100%. I have referred to our pre-drywall pictures countless times. Once when I was installing sconces and needed to drop a wire only about six feet down what should have been open wall space between studs. When I couldn't get through I saw that there was an unexpected 2x4 cross brace between the studs. Saved me more headache.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary