Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2008, 02:32 PM

1,832 posts, read 5,090,427 times

Advertisements

To make a long story short, we applied to magnets and got a letter that my rising 1st grader did not get a spot this year. Never got a letter about my rising 3rd grader, but I assumed that she did not, either, since her sister didn't.

Fast forward 6 weeks--since we didn't get into magnets, we decide to buy a house where the schools are good--we go to register both kids there, they say "we can't register the 1st grader b/c she has a spot at Bugg" (SAY WHAT????). We decide if one got a spot and the other didn't, we're staying at our assigned school. I call Growth Management to decline the seat (even though it's 2 weeks AFTER the date to decline) and they tell me "oh, they BOTH have a seat at Bugg!!!").

Well, now the house we're buying is a good 30min from Bugg (Morrisvile). UGH! But the program--Creative Arts and Sciences--is a perfect fit for my kids. So I'm wondering: does anyone have kids at bugg? What are your thoughts? Is the drive worth it (my hubby works downtown so he could do drop off no problem)? Our base school is Carpenter Elementary.

Thanks in advance. And sorry that the long story wasn't made short after all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 06:23 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,824,312 times
I knew a few kids from high school that went to Bugg. One other tidbit since you are fascinated w/ the Creative Arts and Sciences program there is that Frankie Muniz from "Malcolm in the Middle" went there as well. How cool is that??

Old 04-29-2008, 09:14 PM

820 posts, read 2,788,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JQ Public View Post
I knew a few kids from high school that went to Bugg. One other tidbit since you are fascinated w/ the Creative Arts and Sciences program there is that Frankie Muniz from "Malcolm in the Middle" went there as well. How cool is that??
Bugg Elementary in Raleigh? Really? That is insane. I never knew that and I started attending school there ~ 27 years ago.

Do you know if they still use the logo with the bugs/ladybugs? When I was there I won a t-shirt design contest and that is what I drew, the slogan I used was, "Bugg Out". The funny thing is that I saw kids in a grocery store years later, maybe 10 years and they were still using some resemblance of the design for school t-shirts!

Old 04-30-2008, 10:23 AM

1,832 posts, read 5,090,427 times
I guess we don't have any parents with kids there now! Anyway, as much as I'm NOT looking forward to the drive, I'm excited about the school.

tlh1005--here's the website-- http://bugges.wcpss.net/ -- there is a ladybug that it on the home page. That's neat you were the original logo designer--are you a graphic designer today?

Old 04-30-2008, 07:34 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,824,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlh1005 View Post
Bugg Elementary in Raleigh? Really? That is insane. I never knew that and I started attending school there ~ 27 years ago.

Do you know if they still use the logo with the bugs/ladybugs? When I was there I won a t-shirt design contest and that is what I drew, the slogan I used was, "Bugg Out". The funny thing is that I saw kids in a grocery store years later, maybe 10 years and they were still using some resemblance of the design for school t-shirts!
Yeh cool huh?

"Frankie attended the Bugg Elementary School but was home-schooled since grade six. He started his acting career performing the stage role of Tiny Tim in "A Christmas Carol" for three years. Frankie is quite a good golfer and has been playing since his grandfather taught him at the age of five. Frankie was raised in Knightdale, North Carolina. He currently resides with his fiancee Jamie in Los..."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary