Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2020, 03:28 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,259,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Side Out View Post
The poster said she was going after one particular board member. One board member is not enough. If you want change, you need to eliminate the majority of board members.
You said “the one republican” and I assumed you were referring to fletcher.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2020, 03:41 PM

653 posts, read 221,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
You said “the one republican” and I assumed you were referring to fletcher.
See said she was going after Fletcher. That was the only one she said she was going after. I doubt Fletcher is the only one deciding to proceed as they are proceeding. I suggest the board voted and the majority decided to go in this direction. With that, the way to effect change would be to replace all the board members who voted in favor of this at the very least.

Old 07-02-2020, 03:46 PM

Quote:
See said she was going after Fletcher. That was the only one she said she was going after. I doubt Fletcher is the only one deciding to proceed as they are proceeding. I suggest the board voted and the majority decided to go in this direction. With that, the way to effect change would be to replace all the board members who voted in favor of this at the very least.
You said “the one republican”. Fletcher isn’t the only republican. Neither him or Cash are really republicans.

Do you and Stede Bonnet ever post at the same time?

Old 07-02-2020, 03:57 PM

Quote:
You said “the one republican”. Fletcher isn’t the only republican. Neither him or Cash are really republicans.

Did she say she was going after two Republicans or just the one Republican? That is why I said don't go after just the one Republican. Go after more than just one board member.

Old 07-02-2020, 04:01 PM

22,665 posts, read 36,764,249 times
Quote:
Are you familiar with anything at all regarding the BOE and how voting works? You get to vote for the person who represents your district. Bill Fletcher is my district rep. Only 3 of the BOE are being challenged. Do you live here??? You make it sound like you're an expert on the BOE but you are woefully uninformed, telling me - someone who went to multiple board meetings over the last year and watches the rest online - what to do. When's the last time you went to or watched a meeting, or voted in an election?

PS I don't give a rat's ass about any of their political affiliation. Only what they are doing for the students.

Old 07-02-2020, 04:03 PM

22,665 posts, read 36,764,249 times
Quote:

Oh Lawd. Is there no one who can block his IP address??

Back to the ignore list.

Old 07-02-2020, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Are you familiar with anything at all regarding the BOE and how voting works? Yes You get to vote for the person who represents your district. Bill Fletcher is my district rep. Only 3 of the BOE are being challenged. Do you live here??? Yes You make it sound like you're an expert on the BOE but you are woefully uninformed, telling me - someone who went to multiple board meetings over the last year and watches the rest online - what to do. When's the last time you went to or watched a meeting, or voted in an election? I watch often

PS I don't give a rat's ass about any of their political affiliation. Only what they are doing for the students.
If you want real change, you need to work to remove and replace multiple board members. While you can only vote for one, you can actively participate in a campaign to get others to vote out and replace the others. It is a county system, not a town system.

Old 07-03-2020, 07:20 AM

3,731 posts, read 2,053,288 times
Can someone with better reading skills than I explain what happened yesterday?

I got one email from the Board with a pamphlet in it talking about "parents wanted choices" and they laid out their three Plans (A,B,C) and it read like each family would be able to choose what works best for them; full IN, Hybrid, Completely Virtual.

Then in a second email, the email states that they went with Plan B and put everyone on Track 4. So which is it?

Is everyone on Plan B, Track 4? Or can families choose what Plan they want, but everyone is on Track 4?

Old 07-03-2020, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVoR View Post
Can someone with better reading skills than I explain what happened yesterday?

I got one email from the Board with a pamphlet in it talking about "parents wanted choices" and they laid out their three Plans (A,B,C) and it read like each family would be able to choose what works best for them; full IN, Hybrid, Completely Virtual.

Then in a second email, the email states that they went with Plan B and put everyone on Track 4. So which is it?

Is everyone on Plan B, Track 4? Or can families choose what Plan they want, but everyone is on Track 4?
Plan B unless the governor comes out with more restrictive requirements. All year round will start on track 4. Traditional stays on the normal schedule.

Old 07-03-2020, 07:40 AM

3,731 posts, read 2,053,288 times
Quote:
Plan B unless the governor comes out with more restrictive requirements. All year round will start on track 4. Traditional stays on the normal schedule.

OK so the first email was just a teaser. Thanks for confirming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary