Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 06:53 AM

2,008 posts, read 3,584,421 times

Advertisements

I don't miss hortons but I miss Wegmans. I moved from NY to DC for 6 years, and just before I moved down here Wegmans was just getting to DC. I hear from reliable sources they are going to try to make it down to RTP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 07:58 AM

553 posts, read 1,272,344 times
My husband and I will be relocating to NC. I am going to miss Tim Hortons and Wegmans too! I hope Wegmans will make it NC.

I don't know how I will get through the summer without a Tim Horton's Ice Cap!!!!

Old 01-23-2009, 08:13 AM

5,265 posts, read 16,591,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyO View Post
If NC is Krispy Kreme territory, then why is there only one store in the whole Triangle?

I'm from upstate ny and know Timmy's quite well. My dad even went to college in Toronto during Tim Horton's heyday, so I actually know who he is. But I have to admit, I've never been the biggest fan. I'm more of a Dunkin Donuts guy. The several years I spent living in Boston probably has something to do with that...

Edit: the thread is a few months old, so I forgot I had already written in it. Sorry.
Because most people buy krispy creme donuts at the grocery store. Almost all Harris Teeters have krispy creme donuts and so do most other grocery chains.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:13 AM

675 posts, read 1,833,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinner View Post
I don't miss hortons but I miss Wegmans. I moved from NY to DC for 6 years, and just before I moved down here Wegmans was just getting to DC. I hear from reliable sources they are going to try to make it down to RTP.
Yes, I have heard that too. I have a friend who works at Wegmans HQ, and he confirmed that North Carolina is in their long-range plans. Nothing concrete yet, but it's on their radar.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:19 AM

5,265 posts, read 16,591,207 times
They have been saying that since I moved to NC in 1994. My BIL plays golf with Danny occasionally; opening stores that far south is just one of those things they talk about a lot but never really do. It really wouldn't work out. Harris Teeter is the Wegmans of NC. If Harris Teeter opened up in Upstate NY it wouldn't stand up much to loyal wegmans shoppers. Despite the anecdote that half the population of NC is from Upstate NY originally; the same would hold true for a Wegmans in NC. You'd be much more likely to see a Tim Hortons open up in Raleigh than a Wegmans.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:35 AM

675 posts, read 1,833,326 times
OK... But anyone who knows anything about that family knows Danny's not really in charge, and since 1994 they've made quite a bit of progress in a southerly direction and have taken Northern Virginia by storm.

So I still believe my buddy who's actually involved in the day-to-day operations of the company.

Nice thread hi-jacking on our part, by the way.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:40 AM

2,008 posts, read 3,584,421 times
Tim hortons just made it to my home town in upstate ny about 3 years ago so I have never tried them.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:46 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,940,073 times
As a reformed Yankee, I believe I can get away with this ....

The required Southern response to these posting is: "Well, y'all can just move on back up North where y'all came from then and get all the Tim Horton's y'all want." :-)

Old 01-23-2009, 08:58 AM

460 posts, read 1,274,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
As a reformed Yankee, I believe I can get away with this ....

The required Southern response to these posting is: "Well, y'all can just move on back up North where y'all came from then and get all the Tim Horton's y'all want." :-)

Almost. Still has that Northern bluntness.

Try: Bless Your Heart(<--important) ...I tell ya...if I missed something that bad, honeychile(optional).... I'd have to up and git back North.

Or something like that...hehe!

Old 01-23-2009, 09:51 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,940,073 times
Damn, you're right. I'm clearly not a completely reformed Yankee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary