Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2022, 05:01 PM

18,498 posts, read 15,940,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
They can track you pretty well on websites too.
VPN + DuckDuckGo is very helpful here. Can be used on mobile devices too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2022, 12:04 PM

319 posts, read 306,731 times
maybe I'm late to this party but as I was saying...

https://www.southernliving.com/trave...north-carolina

now its time to move again lol.

Old 08-01-2022, 09:01 AM

5,915 posts, read 7,043,271 times
Over the weekend, we had a chance to stop at the new Bucee's in Florence, SC. I will have to say I was very impressed with the facility and operation. I think the folks in Orange County made a big mistake running them off.

I probably did catch them at a busy time, but the tax revenue they must be generating from 200+ gas pumps that were mostly full and all the sales inside. Inside, it looked like the State Fair or Fremont Street in Las Vegas with all the people. They had a sign noting the pay ranges for various positions they were hiring for. The lowest was $18/hr, with most starting in the mid $20/hr.

Old 08-01-2022, 09:19 AM

2,486 posts, read 2,556,513 times
WIBNI: One of these on US1, near the future VinFast location!

https://www.wmbfnews.com/2022/05/16/...orence-monday/

Old 08-01-2022, 12:47 PM

371 posts, read 301,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K4GPB View Post
WIBNI: One of these on US1, near the future VinFast location!

https://www.wmbfnews.com/2022/05/16/...orence-monday/
Unlikely, since it's not a high-volume (enough) route. (Won't say never, but not likely for their first NC site.)

They had been looking along I-95, but haven't found a site suitable enough that can handle the traffic without them actually paying for the improvements (they have been looking for "economic incentive" contributions from the local governments.)

Old 08-01-2022, 01:15 PM

9,157 posts, read 14,837,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficSys View Post
Unlikely, since it's not a high-volume (enough) route. (Won't say never, but not likely for their first NC site.)

They had been looking along I-95, but haven't found a site suitable enough that can handle the traffic without them actually paying for the improvements (they have been looking for "economic incentive" contributions from the local governments.)
Hmm, funny how when having to pay for your own stuff it suddenly makes a deal harder to get done.

It may be a nice gas station and all, but no way should a gas station be getting economic incentives.

Old 08-01-2022, 02:19 PM

1,246 posts, read 1,086,075 times
Quote:
Hmm, funny how when having to pay for your own stuff it suddenly makes a deal harder to get done.

It may be a nice gas station and all, but no way should a gas station be getting economic incentives.
FWIW, Buc-EE's is more than a convenience store/gas station. It's basically like Wegmans and WaWa had a baby and moved to Texas.

They also emphasized paying comparatively VERY well (including full benefits packages for everyone) and they employed more than just a couple dozen or so people.

I'm not saying millions should have been given... but this was a nice opportunity those folks ran off.

Old 08-01-2022, 02:36 PM

5,915 posts, read 7,043,271 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
FWIW, Buc-EE's is more than a convenience store/gas station. It's basically like Wegmans and WaWa had a baby and moved to Texas.

I'm not saying millions should have been given... but this was a nice opportunity those folks ran off.
I don't think you can call a place with 200+ gas pumps a "gas station". They also had Ethanol Free and DEF available at certain pumps.

It looked like there had been some road work to accommodate the new facility. I don't know how much Florence/South Carolina contributed, but without the road work, it would have been a cluster-F to get in.

Old 08-01-2022, 03:59 PM

4,330 posts, read 6,025,385 times
Here are some details on the arrangement for the Florence location...

https://www.fcedp.com/news/florence-...-buc-ees-store

Old 08-01-2022, 05:03 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,424,571 times
Soooo glad Orange County did not approve Butt-ees. They can go do that somewhere else. Not a fan of mega gas stations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary