Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2020, 01:08 AM

4 posts, read 4,948 times

Advertisements

Hey folks, We just moved to Holly Springs from jersey 2 weeks ago (mostly for our kid's education) as i heard the schools are the best here. Our kids are 9 and 5. We are currently renting but hoping to buy a house by Feb of next year. We see a lot of new construction in the holly springs area and all of them are pretty much sold out. So we are definitely confused about how to go about picking a single family house within a good community. I would appreciate if i can get recommendations and thoughts from someone who moved here recently within the last year and from someone who have been a similar situation as ours. Basic things we are looking for in a community -

1) community with single family houses (4br/3bath) <= 450,000
2) Community with a club house, pool and a Fitness center (A must)
3) A diverse community
4) Not too far from the main highways and shopping areas ( for example: woodbury by pulte in New hill, we liked everything except for how far everything was. Same with Wood creek by MI homes)
5) Community within holly springs or Holly Springs/Apex border or Apex (Either new construction or a home built after 2015)

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2020, 06:00 AM

22,678 posts, read 36,831,891 times
The fitness center has to be in the neighborhood or just a pool neighborhood?

Old 09-12-2020, 08:30 AM

Hi twingles, within the community, more like for the residents residing only similar to 12 oaks and woodbury.

Old 09-12-2020, 09:52 AM

773 posts, read 647,329 times
Do you have a realtor? They should be able to help you with this. Also, HS is 80% white, so depending on your definition of diverse, satisfying that criteria may be difficult.

Old 09-12-2020, 11:39 AM

I am trying to gather as much info as possible even before signing up with a realtor. When i say diverse, i meant within the development where we plan to buy a house. Woodcreek/honeycutt seem like likely options. Any other recommendations?

Old 09-12-2020, 01:31 PM

22,678 posts, read 36,831,891 times
If you want to check the diversity of where you are going to live, you can go to WakeGOV: Wake County Government, under "I want to" click search real estate records and enter any street in Wake County. But Holly Springs certainly isn't what people think of when they think of "diverse" in this area.

I don't know which subdivisions have fitness centers, and unless someone is overly familiar with every subdivision in Holly Springs there's probably not going to be a help for that here....hence the suggestion for a realtor who probably has info on all the subdivisions there.

Old 09-16-2020, 10:33 AM

140 posts, read 144,375 times
Sunset Oaks fits your bill, except for #5. Most homes were built in the mid-2000s. The fitness center is more like a hotel's fitness center. Dumbbells, treadmill, etc.

What is the new(er) subdivision next to the Bass Lake trailhead off Bass Lake Rd?

Old 09-16-2020, 11:57 AM

5,347 posts, read 3,224,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drillingdude View Post
I am trying to gather as much info as possible even before signing up with a realtor.
To cut to the chase - an agent can help you gather this info. At least from the standpoint of giving you ideas and you do the final bit of research (if that's your intent).

I'm curious about your "must haves" - is a club house, pool and fitness center all a must have? In Holly Springs (in my opinion) you demands aren't in line with your budget (those 3 "must have" amenities PLUS 4 bedroom PLUS less than 5 years old PLUS near everything for less than $450k) To put it into perspective we bought new build in Dec 2018 in Holly Springs 5 br/4 ba $420K - no clubhouse, pool or fitness center.

In my humble opinion, an agent should be your starting point and then you fine tune his/her recommendations from there.

Also one piece of advice - even though the new build is "sold out" still make contact with the agent on site if there is a development you particularly like. Until the papers are passed that house is not "sold".

Old 09-16-2020, 07:13 PM

222 posts, read 219,206 times
You moved from NJ for the schools here? You don't hear that very often.

Old 09-18-2020, 04:41 PM

176 posts, read 240,222 times
12 Oaks is a great community. I think it would have everything you're looking for. Lots of transplants from "up north", too. Easy access to roads, new homes, clubhouse, fitness center, lots of families, etc. Homes in your price range sell very quickly here so you need to have a realtor letting you know when they hit the market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary