Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2008, 08:38 AM

28 posts, read 102,042 times

Advertisements

I reveived some good information from a previous post that I made about Cary. I have another question. I am in my late 20's and my husband is 30. We do not have kids yet. Are there any neighborhoods in Cary that have a younger population? For example, I was told that almost all of the residents in Carpenter Village are over 35. I would like to live in a neighborhood that has a relatively large population of my peers. Or does Cary, in general, have an older population...because it's more expensive?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2008, 08:58 AM

551 posts, read 2,288,346 times
We moved to Cary in our late 20s with no kids. You might find that most of the neighborhoods are quite mixed. We have a single guy next door, a retired couple on the other side, a young family with four kids <10 behind us, and a family with grown kids (college) across the street.

It's a broad generalization, but in response to your question, yes, I think that lower-priced homes are probably more attractive to younger/first-time buyers as they are generally likely to earn less and haven't built any equity yet. But I wouldn't say that all of Cary is older!

Old 05-06-2008, 09:09 AM

3,395 posts, read 7,775,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterFly32 View Post
I reveived some good information from a previous post that I made about Cary. I have another question. I am in my late 20's and my husband is 30. We do not have kids yet. Are there any neighborhoods in Cary that have a younger population? For example, I was told that almost all of the residents in Carpenter Village are over 35. I would like to live in a neighborhood that has a relatively large population of my peers. Or does Cary, in general, have an older population...because it's more expensive?
Carpenter Village is a fairly large neighborhood and homes in different sections had different price points. In the more expensive sections, the average age is higher. The area we are in is full of young children under age 5 (and more born all the time). The parents of these younger kids vary from their upper 20s to their upper 30s, early 40s.

Old 05-06-2008, 09:26 AM

2,697 posts, read 8,700,028 times
If you move into a neighborhood with big houses (say 3000 s.f. and up) I would expect that most of your neighbors would have kids. The age range might be from the mid to late 20s and up. We moved into our neighborhood two years ago when we were 29. I expected it to be much older because the house prices at that point started around $500k. Honestly, we do not feel young at all here and it's probably the youngest neighborhood we've lived in. My guess is whether or not you have kids is going to be a bigger factor than your age.

Old 05-06-2008, 01:28 PM

28 posts, read 102,042 times
What about Amberly? What's it like there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary