Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2008, 06:07 PM

2 posts, read 3,571 times

Advertisements

I've visited this area recently and fell in love with it....as a single 40+ woman, would it be a good place to settle down? Anyone with experience purchasing with "no so good" credit? Any information about the area with jobs would be great....(legal field)....be as specific and long-winded as you like.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2008, 06:47 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,170,204 times
Mortgage standards are much tighter since the meltdown.

Might try renting a while.

Old 05-07-2008, 08:25 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,252,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanaiya View Post
I've visited this area recently and fell in love with it....as a single 40+ woman, would it be a good place to settle down? Anyone with experience purchasing with "no so good" credit? Any information about the area with jobs would be great....(legal field)....be as specific and long-winded as you like.....
The best advice that anyone can give you would be to find a good lender and have him pull your credit and let him advise you. Your credit may be better than you think or worse than you think but until you KNOW, its just a waste of your time, wondering the "what ifs".

Start with your bank or call a well known lender like Wells Fargo or Countrywide, if you don't get any referrals.

Vicki

Old 05-07-2008, 09:40 PM

305 posts, read 713,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Start with your bank or call a well known lender like Wells Fargo or Countrywide, if you don't get any referrals.
Is an unethical company like Countrywide really worth recommending to anybody?

Old 05-08-2008, 03:36 AM

I'd pass on Countrywide.

Try a credit union.

Old 05-08-2008, 06:30 AM

2,835 posts, read 7,344,530 times
Welcome! I'll pass on the mortgage advise and any references to banks, credit union, brokers, dealers (not cars or others for that matter), and stick to writing about Wake Forest.

Wake Forest is a growing community with IMO still some small old town appeal. The downtown is like stepping back in time when things where easier and life seemed to move a bit slower. Sometimes its just the heat that makes them appear to move slower.

The community has many new home communities available as well as apartments, town homes, single family homes to rent or buy or rent to buy. Its all up to what you like and what you can afford. We all know that the two rarely are the same.

Here is a weekly e-paper that lets you know what is going on in the community that could be helpful if you are really considering Wake Forest. Good luck and welcome to Wake's Forest in the north!

The Wake Forest Gazette - Editor Carol Pelosi - Wake Forest News, Weather and Sports - Wake Forest Events - -Wake Forest, NC

Old 05-08-2008, 11:07 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,252,227 times
Geez...I wasn't actually recommending Countrywide, although I have had only good luck with them and MY MORTGAGE is with them.

I was merely using them as a well known company. My lender who used to work with them is now at Sun Trust Bank.

However, my mortgage IS with Countrywide and I've had no problems with them. My clients who have used them in the last few years always were happy with them, as well.

Vicki

Old 05-08-2008, 11:16 AM

They are now part of BofA, Right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary