Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2021, 09:51 PM

22,667 posts, read 36,783,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
One of the issues with these long lines is that people don’t know how to wait efficiently in lines at a pump. Just look at the Sheetz in west Cary on kit creek and convenience lane - there are cars lined up 20+ long for 1 pump, but you could just go on the far right pump on the highway 55 side and I was then number 2 in line. How dumb are we Americans when it comes to large crowds?

Just got gas at the sheetz on kit Creek rd at 10.35pm
Absolute lemmings here. Same reason why you’ll find 10
Cars in the right lane at a stop light and 2 in the left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2021, 09:57 PM

51 posts, read 42,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
One of the issues with these long lines is that people don’t know how to wait efficiently in lines at a pump. Just look at the Sheetz in west Cary on kit creek and convenience lane - there are cars lined up 20+ long for 1 pump, but you could just go on the far right pump on the highway 55 side and I was then number 2 in line. How dumb are we Americans when it comes to large crowds?

Just got gas at the sheetz on kit Creek rd at 10.35pm
Randomly stopped by (not for gas) and that station is out of gas as of 11:15 PM.

Old 05-12-2021, 11:33 PM

18,052 posts, read 15,653,675 times
Now people are all amped up so even when everything gets restocked at the pumps they'll still be hoarding away cause <people are paranoid idiots>.

Old 05-13-2021, 06:05 AM

1,204 posts, read 777,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Now people are all amped up so even when everything gets restocked at the pumps they'll still be hoarding away cause <people are paranoid idiots>.

Good thing is that with gas there is a limit of how much an average person can buy. You can't just fill up your garage with it, some people will do it regardless of course, but the majority will just fill up their tanks and that is it. People are not back in the office 100% yet, so many (like me) will just sit tight and wait until this resolves itself. I think we should be okay by next Tuesday, fingers crossed. I've already noticed this morning more "green" spots on GasBuddy around me in Durham.

Old 05-13-2021, 07:25 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,240,116 times
Heading home last night about 7 PM, I passed 3 gas tank trucks on 440.

They are heading our way!!!

Old 05-13-2021, 07:42 AM

6,819 posts, read 9,055,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by builder24car View Post
To show how much people are not paying attention. I pulled into a station yesterday
that was out of gas. I removed the out of gas bags on the three pumps I was at. I stuck
the nozzle into my tank like I was pumping gas and within two minutes 20 cars had showed
up. I replaced the nozzle, put the bags back on and drove off. I was thinking they didn't
notice not another soul was there getting gas?

On another related note, I wish the stations that were out of gas would just make
their "price signs" dark. Some are doing this and it's a lot easier to see that the
little bags.
Today, on the next episode of "Am I the jerk?".

I want to go to Kure Beach next weekend. Checking GasBuddy app to see where I can get gas. Can't find places along 40 with gas. Maybe some on the way out of town. Probably ok by next weekend I suppose. Don't want to drive down there and get stuck.

Old 05-13-2021, 09:05 AM

DH got gas in South Hill, VA today if anyone is heading north.

Old 05-13-2021, 11:40 AM

4,261 posts, read 4,711,341 times
I was in south Georgia on Monday-Tuesday and returned to Raleigh yesterday, coming up I-95. Things seemed normal south of the I-26 interchange in SC. But north of that, the situation began to worsen. I wonder how many people driving between the Northeast and Florida will be spending an unplanned night in a North Carolina hotel as they wait for gas stations within the short driving distance they have left will get resupplied.

I assume hoarders have bought up all the plastic gas cans. Will take a while for the supply chain of those to be replenished. The idea of driving around with gallon of gas in non-resistant cans is horrendous. I guess no one remembers the Ford Pinto. But if they let the gas sit for a year and then try to use it in their cars, they will have an unpleasant epiphany.

Old 05-13-2021, 11:48 AM

16,417 posts, read 12,499,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard-xyzzy View Post
I wonder how many people driving between the Northeast and Florida will be spending an unplanned night in a North Carolina hotel as they wait for gas stations within the short driving distance they have left will get resupplied.
Not to mention the folks flying back into NC. I saw a TicTok of a woman who had been in Puerto Rico. When she left NC, there weren't even rumors of a shortage. She had every reason to believe it would be okay to arrive at the airport on a quarter tank and gas up when she got back. She returned yesterday to discover that she couldn't get enough gas to go home 1-1/2 hrs from the airport.

Old 05-13-2021, 03:12 PM

Tanker involved in an accident on I40 in Newton Grove. Hope the name of the person involved in this accident does not get out, for their sake!

(nothing spilled).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary