Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2021, 12:24 PM

1,462 posts, read 657,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
Mediterranean Grill & Grocery - mediterranean grocery store that sells delicious prepared food as well in an unassuming residential neighborhood

Sushioki - sushi burrito place in a strip mall near 55 & 40

El Chapin - Guatamalan restaurant in a strip mall on 15-501

Zweli's - Zimbabwean restaurant on 15-501

Chicken Hut - one of the best fried chicken I've had, in sort of a sketchy neighborhood along Fayetteville St near the tobacco trail crossing
I was just craving some fried chicken. Thanks for all the great recs Pierre. Looks like I'll be hitting up the Chicken Hut tomorrow.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2021, 12:37 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,596,920 times
Wait, I can't believe I haven't tried El Chapin yet. Will fix that this week!

Old 06-13-2021, 12:46 PM

19,429 posts, read 27,815,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallow Hal View Post
JK, stop being coy and don't fight me on this. You are not making it out of the parking lot without digging into that fried chicken, let alone making it home to reheat it. And you know it.
LOL! Normally, I'd have to agree with you. But I have a very weird hangup with eating fried chicken (and ribs). I really, really wanna use a knife and fork. Even when I'm eating alone in my own home. No, not kidding, and yes, its embarrassing. (My mother was a very proper Brit, with table manners that could rival royalty. It's her fault.)

Old 06-13-2021, 02:59 PM

714 posts, read 721,445 times
Agreed on Mediterranean Grill and Grocery and Bua Thai. I think Bua Thai gets lost in the hubbub of Nantucket Grill and Bocci.

Tomato Jake's over by Harvest 18 on Renaissance Parkway has, in the evaluation of this NJ native, the best conventional pizza in the area.

La Superior market on N. Roxboro has a wonderful bakery and excellent tacos, burritos, etc. And horchata!! And a custom butcher. And amazing Latino/Mexican products. Well worth the trip.

Old 06-13-2021, 03:50 PM

6,653 posts, read 5,580,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackwriter View Post
La Superior market on N. Roxboro has a wonderful bakery and excellent tacos, burritos, etc. And horchata!! And a custom butcher. And amazing Latino/Mexican products. Well worth the trip.
+1 on La Superior! I love just going to grab some agua fresca on a hot day

Old 06-13-2021, 04:20 PM

1,322 posts, read 1,255,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
LOL! Normally, I'd have to agree with you. But I have a very weird hangup with eating fried chicken (and ribs). I really, really wanna use a knife and fork. Even when I'm eating alone in my own home. No, not kidding, and yes, its embarrassing. (My mother was a very proper Brit, with table manners that could rival royalty. It's her fault.)
Bring the knife, fork, plate, etc. with you to the Chicken Hut.

I have a hang up about wings and ribs so I get it.

Old 06-13-2021, 06:39 PM

598 posts, read 332,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
Had to go to Carrboro this afternoon so I went to Mi Peru for a late lunch. Got the lomo saltado - yum!!
I was excited to order a rotisserie chicken from them tonight, but they were all out of rotisserie chicken.

Old 06-14-2021, 08:39 AM

6,374 posts, read 5,484,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackwriter View Post
Agreed on Mediterranean Grill and Grocery and Bua Thai. I think Bua Thai gets lost in the hubbub of Nantucket Grill and Bocci.

Tomato Jake's over by Harvest 18 on Renaissance Parkway has, in the evaluation of this NJ native, the best conventional pizza in the area.

Could take or leave their pizza.....

But their Calzones are UNMATCHED

Old 06-14-2021, 09:02 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,596,920 times
Very intrigued about Tomato Jake's! I had always written them off because of their name. I don't know why. It just felt like meh chain restaurant to me (also often fine for me but who needs new ones). Definitely will try them, thanks hackwriter!

Old 06-14-2021, 10:02 AM

6,374 posts, read 5,484,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NM posts View Post
Very intrigued about Tomato Jake's! I had always written them off because of their name. I don't know why. It just felt like meh chain restaurant to me (also often fine for me but who needs new ones). Definitely will try them, thanks hackwriter!
Tomato Jakes isn't a chain it's a stand alone with original ownership since around the mid 2000s. Definitely worth a try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary